Chapter 9

You remained still for a long while, ensuring that Jungkook was fully wrapped up in the arms of sleep. Slowly, you eased yourself to the side, your hand cradling his head gently as you settled it down onto the surface of the mattress, your body slinking backwards off of the bed.

You approached the bedroom door and paused for a moment, listening for any noise downstairs while looking and Jungkook, verifying that he was still deep asleep. With both tasks complete, you eased the door open and entered the second floor hallway. You had some business to take care of.

You walked down the stairs slowly, your pace quickening the closer you got to the first floor, far enough away so that Jungkook wouldn't hear you and wake up. Your hand gripped the banister as your feet met the floor, still holding it you swung yourself around the corner and headed to the kitchen.

As soon as you entered, so did the men from the sliding glass door that led to the porch. The both of them were familiar, you knew them from the wedding. And you most definitely recognized Kim Taehyung, the biggest question you had was what was he doing here.

The shorter of the two waved at you from the door, an angelic smile on his plush lips with his eyes pressed closed. Your gaze zoned in on the blood that stained the hand that was energetically waving at you, that angelic smile was that of a fallen angel.

Taehyung, on the other hand, was watching you curiously, waiting for your next move.

"I would really prefer if you didn't run and make our job even more difficult." He spoke, the deep timbre of his voice shocking you despite having heard it before.

"I don't plan on running," You spoke honestly, "I just want to get rid of that bastard."

"Look at that Tae, three people will get the job done much faster." The blonde one chirped as he pushed his glasses up his nose with the back of his hand, avoiding smearing blood on the lenses.

"Besides, she wouldn't be so stupid to run while outnumbered." He continued, his eyes fluttering open. You could have sworn the devil was hidden in their depths, that sweet smile of his contrasting dangerously with that twisted look in his dark eyes.

"Come on doll, you can help us get rid of the evidence." He giggled.

"Jimin, I don't think Jungkook would-" Taehyung started, only to be interrupted by said man.

"She said she wanted to help, do you see Jungkookie anywhere?" Jimin replied, rolling his eyes as he pulled you around the island where the corpse previously laid.

The space was empty now, only a large pool of blood remained. The entire area was a mess, rivers of blood flowed through the grout of the tile and the base cabinets were covered in splatters of crimson from each time Jungkook had plunged and withdrew the blade from flesh.

"Where did you move the body?" You asked, your tongue swiping over your lower lip. It felt rough like sandpaper, completely dry.

"It's outside, the last thing you want is a corpse stinking up your kitchen." Taehyung replied, resting his elbow on the kitchen island and cradling his chin in his palm.

Jimin returned with a toolbox, a mop, bleach, and a bucket. He hummed a soft melody to himself on repeat as he began to set up his items, uncapping the bottle of bleach and filling the bucket with water.

"Tae, screwdriver." Jimin called over his shoulder, waving the tool around.

Taehyung rounded the island and retrieved the screwdriver before settling into a squat and beginning to loosen the screws on the cabinet doors.