Chapter 8

A/N: Warning! Sad chapter ahead!

Previously on Chapter 7

I blow a strong wind at them. But they kept coming from all direction. This isn't getting anywhere and I'm starting to get tired. My vision starts to blur as the blood seeps through the wound. This is bad... I will lose if I let my consciousness go. I have to do something.

-Rage-

Y/N P.O.V

I try my hardest to stay up on my feet. But the pain is getting too much. Along with the fact that my blood is still flowing out of my wound. I stumble forward and fall on my knees.

Fire-benders starts gathering around me. The others won't be able to get to me in time. Aang is occupied with his own battle. I struggle to get up, but I can't move.

They shoot fire at me. But before the fire could get to me. b/n appears and take the hit. My eyes widened in horror at what happened in front of me.

"b/n?! No!!!" I screamed. She lay in front of me with her eyes staring at me. I stare back at her with tears streaming down my cheeks. I force myself to crawl over to her.

Her eyes starts fluttering slightly. "b/n... no... no no no... y-you can't do t-this to me. Come on, girl..." I said. She licks my face, as if saying 'I love you' to me. Then her eyes flutters close.

"b/n? Wake up, girl..." I said, patting her fur. But she didn't budge. She didn't open her eyes. I bit my lips as my whole body starts trembling with pure anger.

Aang P.O.V

I feel a sudden strong gust of air. I turn my head to see Y/N standing up. She lost so much blood from the arrow wound. But that's not what shocked me. But rather the fact that she's standing there, with her tattoo glowing.

The other fire-benders turns to look at her in shock as well. Katara and Sokka runs towards me. They stand on either side of me, looking at Y/N in shock as well.

"She went to the Avatar state?!" Katara said. "But how? She is not the Avatar, Aang. You are!" Sokka said. I didn't say a word as I stare at Y/N.

She looks angrily at the fire-benders that attacks her bison. Only then I notice that her bison is gone. I feel pain in my chest, as if I know what Y/N's feeling. She is feeling an immense grief and sadness.

She lift her hand and a strong gust of air burst out, throwing the fire-benders around her. With a wave of her hands, they were sent flying back. They all decided to retreated.

Zuko is standing not far from me, looking at Y/N in amazement. But he soon snaps out of his daze and runs forward. He shoots a stream of fire at Y/N, only to be knocked of balance and went flying.

He hits his back against the wall, thus losing his consciousness. The remaining soldiers picks him up and runs away. But before they could run away. A tall wall of air surrounds them, making no room for them to escape.

"You've killed my bison! Now you have to pay for what you've done!" She said, glaring at them. She lift her hand and was about to strike them. No... I can't let her kill people. This is wrong.

"Y/N! Stop!!" I yelled. Her hand stops mid-ways. I walk towards her. She turns to look at me. For a moment, I can feel fear growing in my chest. Now I know what the others feel when they see me in that state.

But Y/N is my sister. I shouldn't be afraid of her. I walk in front of her, with my hands raised. Showing her that I don't want to fight. She slowly lowered her hands as the air slowly calms down. The fire-benders runs away, carrying their unconscious Prince with them.

"Y/N... I know what you're feeling, sis. But this isn't what how we should handle things. Remember what Gyatso used to say, Y/N? We can't take people's life. Every life deserve to live... you can't take that away" I said.

The glow in her body stops and she fall side-ways. I rushes forward and cradle her in my arms. Her eyes are closed. I can see tears streaming down both of her cheeks.

Time-skip

Y/N P.O.V

I'm standing by the lake near my cabin. I stare into the water in front of me. I still can't believe what happened. I still can't accept the fact that b/n is gone.

I feel tears streaming down my cheeks. I scream at top of my lungs. I drop on both of my knees as I start to shake uncontrollably, heavy tears streams down my cheeks. I move and sit on the ground. I hug my knees as I start to cry harder.

I feel a hand on my shoulder. I turn my head to see Aang next to me. He looks at me with sadness in his eyes. He sits down next to me, gently wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

I choke a sob as I lean my head on his shoulder. He wraps his arms around me, hugging me back. I wrap my arms around his torso, burying my face into his chest and starts cry even more. Loud sobs and wail escape my mouth as I try to get the pain out of my chest.

After a while I slowly starts to calm down. But tears still streams down my cheeks. Katara walks up to me. She seems to be holding something in her hand.

"Y/N... I found b/n's shedded fur in her stable. So I make you something with it..." she said, holding out her hand. I lift my hand weakly and she places the items on top of my hand. I pull my hand closer to me and take a look.

It's a small l/n plush

It's a small l/n plush. It looks just like her. I place my hand on my mouth as I start to cry softly. The tiny plush is attached to a string, formed into a necklace.

"I know it's not the same as having your bison here with you... but at least you have something to remind you of her, Y/N" she said. I look up at her and nod my head. "Thank you, Katara..." I said, giving her a weak smile.

I place the necklace around my neck. I hold the small b/n plush close to my chest as tears streams down my cheeks once again. Katara scoots closer to me and hugs me. Sokka and Aang joins the hug, engulfing me in a group hug.

I feel a heavy weight on me and look up to see Appa. He have sadness reflecting his eyes. I know what he's feeling. Just a while ago, he was so happy because he knows he's not the last bison and playing with b/n. But now she's gone.

It's not fair... for him... for me. b/n was a great bison. She was my best friend. Now I have to lose her. I just can't accept it... but I know she wouldn't want me to be upset continuously. So I have to try and move on for her. It's going to be hard... but I'll manage. Well, maybe.

Momo and l/n comes to me as well. I look down and starts to cry all over again. I've lost the temple... my friends... now I have to lose my bison too. b/n...

Rest in peace, girl...

*to be continued*

A/N: huaaaa 😭😭😭😭😭. Anyone crying while reading this? Sorry about that. It pains me as much as you reading this.

Y/N will hate Zuko for this. Keep reading and find out how they ended up falling for each other. Thank you for reading! See ya~