Chapter 9: The MC and the Villain

"You were worried about that guy!?"

Haruto suddenly exclaimed, causing Shin to flinch beside him. Shin snapped his head up to Haruto with a very confused expression. What the hell was Haruto on about!? As Shin was confused at Haruto's sudden statement, Haruto was also left in a confused state. Is this the guy Shin's been mumbling about the past few days!? What is he to Shin!?

Shin interrupts Haruto's train of thoughts by tugging on the man's sleeve. He wasn't listening to Shin's questions after all and this action finally snapped Haruto out of whatever he was thinking. "Hey, what are you talking and thinking about in that idiotic brain of yours!?"

"Oh..."

Haruto finally realized he said what he thought out loud. Haruto was struggling to answer, he was still trying to connect dots in his brain. Since Haruto wasn't answering, Shin looks at the ground, gripping onto his bag tightly.

Shin's thoughts: Hmm...He's probably interested in Kei......

The Haruto beside him: What the hell is that highlighter's connection with Shin!?

Meanwhile, Yuuji was still frozen in place.

"..."

"Takahashi-kun, is something wrong?" A student asks, waving their hand in front of Yuuji's eyes.

"Y-Yuuji, is that you?" Kei said, he himself also shocked.

Shin could exactly tell how this scene was going to go. They were going to stare at each other for a few more seconds before Yuuji finally confirms that they were childhood friends. They did exactly that and everyone was surprised that the two know each other. The two were shining in happiness at their reunion.

"I can't believe you're back!" Yuuji said.

"I didn't even know you go here!" Kei replied, "I was going to go surprise you at your house later!"

Yeah...The reunion went smoothly.

It could be seen in Yuuji's eyes that he had realized something when he saw Kei. Shin was sure that he wasn't the only one to see that, but also the surrounding students that gathered them. Of course, this was unknown to Kei, who is oblivious to it at first. "How have you been?"

Yuuji replies. "Good, you?"

"Great! I'm just really happy to be finally home!"

"There's...so much I want to tell you." Yuuji said.

"I've missed a lot of things, huh?" Kei sighs, but the smile was still on his face. "I'll listen. I want to know everything."

"..."

Originally, Shin was supposed to cause trouble. He would march straight up to them right after that dialogue and shove Kei away. Of course Shin wasn't going to do that. No way. Instead, Shin was going to leave them be and let them continue their reunion. So Shin walked and headed straight for his classroom.

"Ah, wait up, Shin!" Haruto quickly follows.

"Shin?"

"What?"

"...Are you okay?"

"Why wouldn't I be?"

"..."

...

...

It wasn't a surprise to Shin that he was in the same class as Kei.