Chapter 19: An Accident!?

"Are you okay?"

Shin asks the crying child who fell over. The children were playing tag and one of them accidentally bumped into Shin. It wasn't strong enough to push Shin over, but it did make him take a few steps back at the sudden impact.

The child was fine, he just scraped his knee.

The elderly woman who called for help was overreacting, but Shin can understand her worry. It wasn't long before the child's mother arrived and tended to him. The child's friends surrounded them, also nervous.

After the child finally calmed down, he bowed politely at Shin and apologized with a few sniffles. "I'm sorry Nii-chan, I wasn't looking where I was running."

"It's okay, just be more careful next time." Shin smiles.

"Mhm! Thank you Nii-chan!"

Saying their good byes, the children left to play. So much energy early in the morning.

Shin checks his things and luckily, everything was alright, except for Shin's phone that was on the concrete floor.

"..."

Shin picks up his phone.

Oh...Shit.

His phone isn't turning on.

"...Oh no." Shin had never looked so crestfallen until now.  No, Shin can't get dispirited now! There are plenty of other ways to contact Haruto. He can just borrow someone else's phone, it was as simple as that! Heck, he'll buy a new phone!

The boy's mother was still nearby and Shin approached her.

"Excuse me ma'am, may I ask where electronics store or smartphone store?"

"Oh I'm sorry dear, the owner is sick and went to the hospital with his family, so their shop is closed for now. I do hope he gets better soon." The woman answers with a hopeful tone.

"..."

Okay, no problem. Just borrow a phone at home.

"Thank you ma'am."

Shin is now left to decide something. Should he continue shopping or get home? Well, he already did inform Haruto this morning that he will be focusing on sightseeing. So it shouldn't be a problem to shop more for few more hours.

Yeah, shouldn't be.

I can get home by 8:30 or 9:00. Shouldn't be a problem.

...

...

...

Shin should've asked for help. He really should've.

He is now dragging a large amount of souvenirs by himself. He asked here and there what the time was and it already a bit past nine. Shin could ask for help, but everyone was so busy preparing for the festival and he didn't want to bother anyone.

And he was walking around so much that he was too tired to move. So he sat on a bench at a park. Even it was busy here, they were working on decoration.

"..."

Shin knows that really needs exercise. He really feels the need to do that now.

Then a man passes by. Shin was quick to ask, "Excuse me sir, is it alright if I use your phone for a moment? I would like to call someone."

"Oh, sure. No problem." The kind passerby hands Shin his phone and Shin quickly dials a number.

"Grandmother?"