Chapter 20: "SHIN!!!"

~~~~~~~~~

Just a little song for these two~

~~~~~~~~~~

"SHIN!!!!!"

"..."

Shin's jaw drops.

He could not mistake that figure for anyone else.

Shin slowly lowers the phone from his ear, dropping the call. Without even looking, he returned the phone to the servant who was behind him. The servant raised a curious gaze at the young master and tilted their head. "You're not using it anymore, young master?"

"No...Thank you for your assistance..." Shin replies as he stared at the closing figure.

Shin completely walks out the gate and runs towards the familiar arrival.

What is he doing here!? Don't tell me...

"Shin!!" Haruto calls out again.

Shin couldn't say anything while running, he barely had any breath. Shin slows down, exhaustion almost taking over, but...

"Oh Shin, thank goodness you're okay!" Before Shin knew it, he was suddenly engulfed into a tight hug. Shin swallows nervously, a bit flushed. He could hear Haruto's heavy and tired breaths right next to his ear. After a while, they pull away from each other.

"You look so haggard..." Shin says quietly and moves a piece of hair away from Haruto's sweating face.

"I...was...worried." Haruto panted and Shin lets him take the breather he needed, remaining quiet. He shouldn't say anything, Haruto would try and reply to him no matter what and he needed to breathe.

After a while of silence, Haruto relaxed, but his wavering strength did not go unnoticed by Shin.

"You can lean your weight against me. I'm not that fragile." Shin said, noticing Haruto's unstable stance. Shin knew that this man was running for hours non-stop if he was able to get here at this time of the afternoon. Haruto shakes his head. "Aren't...you tired after running too?"

"You...You're like this and you're still trying to look after me?" Shin sighs, frowning with slightly puffed cheeks. "So unfair..."

"But Shin-"

Shin pulls Haruto towards him, letting the man slump on his shoulder. Shin rubs Haruto's back. "There, there. Rest now."

"..."

Shin couldn't see it, but Haruto was burning red. Haruto was about to pull away, but Shin's grip on Haruto's back was secure. This was Shin's iron grip! Haruto could not move at all. There was an internal struggle of pushing the tired Shin away gently or just let Shin hold him.

"Young master, who is this person?" A servant caught up to them.

"Please prepare a room for him."

"S-Shin!?" Haruto calls. The servant nods and leaves.

"We'll talk later, just focus on resting for now." Shin says firmly, leaving no room for the taller to fight back. Haruto sighs in defeat and smiles against Shin's shoulder. He hums a happy tune and wraps his arms around Shin.

"Y-You...let go." Shin whispers. "I can't help you like this."

"Just for a little while...Can't move."