Chapter 33: Life With You

Life after graduation was tough. Many factors are involved in that, for starters, Shin wanted to pursue Arts, so he had to go to the City where that was available. Haruto followed in his father's footsteps and worked at a fairly large company. The two had no choice but to separate. Though it was challenging to have a long distance relationship, they did their best to work things out and communicate as much as they could.

But before Shin left...

Haruto inserts a silver ring in Shin's left ring finger.

"It's our promise in physical form!" Haruto said.

A promise ring of commitment and fidelity to one another.

A year passed, and as luck and effort would have it, the company Haruto worked at opened a branch in the city. Haruto immediately jumps on the chance to work at the city and surprise Shin. He sneakily asks Shin his address, excusing it as curiosity and a planned visit once break comes around. Shin didn't realize he'd be meeting Haruto the next day.

A knock on his door.

Checking through the peephole only to slam it open and pull Haruto inside.

"Haruto, what are you doing here!?"

"I work here now Shin!" Haruto grins, enveloping Shin in a tight hug. Shin was left speechless, but the heavy feeling in his heart faded away , replaced by a familiar warmth. Shin wraps his arms around Haruto and pulled him for a kiss.

Haruto stiffens in shock, but didn't pull away.

Instead, he moves his hands to rest them on Shin's waist.

"I missed you." Haruto whispered, peppering kisses all over Shin's face. Being together now, it really hit them hard how much they longed for each other's presence. Right now, it's impossible to let go of each other even for a second. "I missed you so much."

"I missed you..." Shin replies with a small voice, feeling Haruto's hands under his thighs to lift him off the floor. "Haruto..."

"Shin..." Haruto presses Shin against the wall, stealing another kiss, this time more deeply and fervently.

"Ha...Haruto..." Shin panted.

"Hm...?"

"Hold me."

And so their desires link, their long yearning finally resting after their embrace. The only thing left was an air of happiness and contentment. As well as the loving feeling of being bundled together under the covers. They were finally home.

Another year and few months pass by.

Shin and Haruto return to the town they consider one of their homes for the break. That's when they got their apartment together. The couple could truly spend more time together, to make up for the year of separation and busy days, though Haruto still had to work from time to time to assist his father. And that's the story of how the two ended up back in their hometown which led to Shin meeting with Kei.

And two days later, they meet again with news to tell at family diner.

"You're engaged now!?" Kei gasps, rising from his seat.

"Mhm."

"We are!"

"C-Congratulations!" Kei claps tearfully, slowly sinking back down on his seat. "It's only been two days since we last met and this is such wonderful news. Have you guys planned out everything already?"

Shin shakes his head. "Not yet. We're not in a rush, so we'll take our time planning everything out. I still have a few months left at university before I can finally graduate too. Haruto as well. We're going to wait a little while longer."