♠︎One♠︎

Well, this is new. I never thought this would be the beginning of the end to a glorious era in my life. But I have to applaud myself, I have really established a name for myself.

A name that is involved in plenty of controversy but it is a name none the less. A name tells who you are, what you've done. It makes a list about your life based on the marks you've left.

Admittedly, I shouldn't have such a prominent name in this world, but it happens due to unforeseen circumstances. I know where I should be, but I don't think I'm wanted in the place I should be.

I've known people, and left them in the past because I wasn't wanted there either. Well I was wanted for a short time, just long enough to be used and exploited. But that's the past and now, I'm in the present. I'm 17 pushing 18, and I just need to finish the rest of my normal so I can delve into my not so normal life.

What's considered normal life I need to finish is high-school, and my more legit jobs. I started a Jewlery company, we make exquisite pieces using rare gems along with high-quality material.

But for the moment, I am sitting in an AP statistics class at Brighton high-school. Too posh in my opinion, but the best education is found here sadly.

I'm sitting at these uncomfortable desk when one of the office aid walks in with a slip and my name is spoken loudly and irritable.

"Ms. Knight. Take your bags and go to the office quickly please." Mrs. Kimbel was always a warm delight, always cheery as can be seen from all angles of the world.

My mind imedialty goes to the feds, have I been snitched on? Who outted me, and how many are going to be here to take me? How many FBI agents are available in California?

I grab the note, not saying another thing to this delightful lady and walk out reading the note trying to see if it has anything thay could hint at anything happening. And to absolute shock it said nothing besides urgent.
I can't have been outted because if I did, they wouldn't have sent a relaxed office aid to fetch me with a hallpass, no they would've busted the door down and cuffed me. So what else is happening?

There is the great chance this is a trap and Im about to meet my very ill-fated death in a high-school which would be disappointing, yet mortifying for anyone around so it wouldn't be too drab.

I greet Debby at the front desk with a quick hello and smile before the principal comes out tailed slightly by a cop and now I'm on high alert.

_________________________________________
Rewritten 1/6/24

I think I like this first chapter more than the original even though it is much much shorter.

Farwell my dearest readers,
Bri 🤍