Chapter 5

You squeezed your way through the crowd of dancing bodies, squeaking in annoyance as someone grabbed your ass on the way through. You had just cooled off and now you were sticky from the struggle of trying to find your friends amidst the hormonal college students. But if you knew your roommate, which you did, you knew she would be the epicenter of the hurricane that was that club.

And of course, you were right. She stood in the middle of your group of friends, halfway to drunk - town as she rolled her hips back against a guy you recognized from one of your classes. Yep, that was her without a doubt. You shook your head in amusement as you rejoined your friends, the incident at the bar forgotten for the moment. That was of course until it all came crashing down again, just like it always did.

You had been back on the floor with your group for maybe fifteen minutes before it started. You were dizzy, your vision blurring with each turn you took. You felt light, but also like you were on the brink of passing out. The feeling was a mixture between heaven and hell, you felt the utmost euphoria while also feeling like you were about to die.

From the corner of your eye you saw a flash of red circle the floor, but in your state everything was a blur. You were so confused, yet so high. You specifically remembered ordering water, you hadn't pregammed or had a sip of alcohol the entire night. But you were so caught up in the feeling, you didn't care. That was of course until you really felt like passing out. You stumbled your way out of the group, elbowing past couples and other groups that blocked your path. All you really wanted was some fresh air that didn't reek of booze and sweat and a place where the vibrations of the music didn't feel like they would swallow you whole.

A hand wrapped around your wrist and pulled you free from the crowd, tugging so hard you collided with a firm chest. You grunted in your deluded pain as your forehead rolled against the person holding you. The lights were becoming too much and the music was too loud sending you into a sensory overload.

"You're not looking too good, sweetheart." A familiar voice cooed, it was him again. "You look like you need some air."

You groaned in agreement as you clenched your eyes shut, trying to dispel the flashing lights above you. It felt like you were going to die from how dizzy you were. You slumped against his lithe form as he wrapped an arm around your waist, guiding you out of the club. You were so out of it, you didn't think twice as to what was going on. You could hear him gently mumbling something in your ear but you couldn't make out what. You whined in annoyance as he chuckled, slinging his other arm under your knees and carrying you like a child. You heaved as the dizziness intensified, it felt like your whole world had turned upside down.

His steps were quick and light as he hauled you away. To where you were unsure. The stars were visible in the clear sky, but they blurred, glowed, and twisted into a beautiful ensemble as your eyes desperately tried to focus. Your head craned back as you tried your hardest to keep your eyes open and look at the art that was hung in the sky for you. In your euphoria, it looked so much like "The Starry Night" you couldn't help but let a tear fall in fascination as your limp body was being carried away.

The man stopped at a black car with total tinted windows. He set you down in front of him, letting your weight lean back against his chest as he unlocked the backseat and opened the door. Your doe eyes stared up into the sky, trying your best to memorize a sight you never thought you would see. You felt his hands gently drop to your waist as he guided you into the car, you whined in protest as the sky was concealed from your sight. He laughed again, a low and amused tone as he laid you back into the seat. Your drowsiness won over you as you allowed him to lay you down. And for the first time that night, you caught sight of his face.