1. Protecting what's mine

"I love you too Anna

"I love you too Anna."

Helena Cohen was a siphoner witch who escaped her coven as they tried to lock her inside prison world. She ran away as she found her way to the castle and fell in love with the king. They eventually got married. She treated his two children from his previous marriage as her own. Aurora seemed quite isolated most of the time but Tristan considered her as a step-mother.

As she had Dianna Cohen De Martel, she couldn't be happier. But the thought of her coven finding her daughter and harming her always kept haunting her.

Helena Cohen De Martel laid on her bed with her eyes closed. Sweat beaded her forehead as it dripped down the side of her forehead. Her skin was extremely pale. Her crystal blue eyes usually shined like two gemstones in the sunlight. But now, they looked cold and dull. Her blonde hair that usually looked like a halo around her, was stuck to her forehead. She coughed and whimpered in pain. Next to her, holding her hand was her husband  the count de Martel and a little blonde girl with crystal green eyes. She cried uncontrollably as she clutched Helena's dress with her little hands.

"Please don't go." Dianna cried as her whole face turned pink and puffy from crying.

"You can't escape death. There is nothing you can do." Helena said looking at her husband and daughter. Standing at the door was a smiling 7 year old Aurora and a sad 12 year old Tristan.  The Count turned back and looked at his daughter who seemed to be smiling. He shot out of the bed and dragged her outside the room by the hand, Tristan following them.

"I need you to have this. Always protect our secret. When they come, they will look for you. But you have to be careful, ok? If they come, run and never look back." Helena said as she coughed again vigorously. She ripped the necklace out of her neck and clutched it around Dianna's neck. As Dianna touched it, a red glow appeared from it.

"I love you." Dianna said, crying again.

"I love you too Anna." Helena replied as she looked towards the door to see  the Count walk in as gasped a little and closed her eyes.

The father and daughter sobbed over her dead body as Aurora smiled through tears from the other room, clutching her bruised forearm.

"She will face the same fate as mine. Father will see her as the cause of the queen's death and envy her for the rest of her life. This family is truly cursed." She said as she looked at Tristan as he smiled a little and applied a paste to his little sister's bruise.

◽◽◽◽◽◽◽