Chapter 48: His Eyes Only

Brandy

The past few days have been amazing. I spent lots of time with my friends again, which has been ever so refreshing and wonderful. Today is New Year's Eve, also known as the last day of 2005. I'm both nervous and excited to start a brand new year.

Speaking of my friends, I haven't told Benji about how Hellen feels about me. She didn't specifically tell me not to say anything, but a part of me feels like it's a secret—and I want to respect that. Besides, Benji doesn't need to know. It's not like anything will happen between me and Hellen.

"What are we doing tonight, B?" Benji asks me as we lay in bed.

"What do you want to do?" I ask, my fingers wrapped in his curly brown hair.

"Do you want to go to a party?" He wonders.

I smile. "Do you really think a party is a good idea? Every single party we've gone to together has ended up terribly."

"What about-"

"Except the first frat party," I cut him off, knowing what he was going to say. "Parties never end well. Let's just stay home," I suggest.

He sighs.

"Unless you already have other plans?" I say.

"No, no other plans," he tells me. "I just thought you might want to go out, that's all. I don't mind staying home. In fact, I want to stay home."

I smirk. "So what do you want to do?" I lean in closer to him, gripping his hand tighter. I look into his eyes and straight down at his pink lips.

He chuckles, moving in closer to me, too. "Whatever you want."

I shake my head slowly. "Up to you."

I hope he says it. The it.

He ponders. "I have an idea."

I sit up straight and bite my lip. "Oh, yeah?"

"We can take pictures," he suggests, letting me down. I was hoping he'd say something dirty and seductive. I want to hook up with my boyfriend—is that so awful?

"Pictures..." I laugh.

"Yeah, of you," he says, making me nervous.

"Of me?" I freak. "No, no, no."

"Yes, yes, yes." He laughs. "You're so beautiful," he whispers. "Let me photograph you."

My body feels so warm and butterflies invade my stomach. How can I say no to such a mesmerizing boy with such a tempting voice and face?

I playfully roll my eyes. "I'm not beautiful."

"Shut up, you know you're perfect," he tells me, making me want him even more. "What do you say?" He smirks.

I run my hair back with my fingers, feeling the stress of the camera on me already. "Why do you always do that?"

"Do what?" He laughs.

"Always... make me say yes to everything."

He shrugs. "I'm just a convincing guy, I guess. So is that a yes?" He hopes.

I nod, eventually. "I can't say no to this face." I squish his cheeks together with my hands and he playfully shoves me off.

Our conversation is interrupted when my phone starts ringing. I pick it up from my bedside table and he begs me not to pick it up.

"No, no phones," he says, putting mine back down. "Pay attention to me." His big brown eyes continue to tempt me, as always.

I look down at the caller ID and it's... Miles.