2. Wolves in sheep clothing

"Charmed"

"Charmed".

◽◽◽◽◽◽◽◽◽◽

SOUTHERN FRANCE

1002 AD

"Whose ready for the next course?" Kol asked hitting Klaus' shoulder who looked at the woman's wrist he fed from.

"You're all filthy gluttons." Finn said looking at the siblings in disgust.

"And you ever remained the dullard." Kol said looking at Finn.

"Oh such pretty clothes. What a shame they'll go to a waste." Rebekah says, touching a dead woman's beautiful blue dress.

"Rebekah, we have discussed this endlessly." Elijah said turning his back towards her.

"No, you've discussed this. None of us had any say in the matter. This lot were travelling somewhere. Their cart is full of silks and finery. 5 of them, 5 of us. Wherever they were off to, why can we not simply go in there instead." Rebekah says looking at him.

"Masquerade as nobles from a land we don't know, whose customs we cannot begin to understand. Ridiculous." Elijah said looking at Rebekah.

"You saw the castle down the road. It's practically a gala. If this bunch were headed there then, look at them. They're not any better than we are. We could live as they do at least for a time. Think of it. Elijah, we could hide in pain sight. We could live ordinary lives." Rebekah pleaded but Elijah hushed her.

"Silence." He said as he heard a heartbeat. He walked towards the cart and pulled out a cloth to reveal a scared Lucien Castle. He tried running away but Rebekah zoomed in front of him.

"Well aren't you a handsome one?" Rebekah said as she smiled a little.

"He looks like dessert to me." Kol said, tilting his head and examining the frightened human.

"No! Wait, wait, wait! I can help you. Now I am...I am the personal servant to the Count de Martel. And the very estate you just mentioned. I wa...I was sent to escort these guests to his home for a lengthy stay. I know their customs, as...as well as the count's habits. If you mean to pose as the family you have slaughtered here, then you'll need my help to carry out your ruse." Lucien said looking at Elijah, who narrowed his eyes at him.

Rebekah looked around for some sort of confirmation as she asked "Please can we keep him?" 

"Rebekah, no. What is our most important rule?" Elijah asked.