Chapter 31 • Sleepover

Before you start this chapter I accidentally swapped who Becca and Sammy are so if you remember them Becca is now the nice one while Sammy is the mean one. I didn't mean for them to swap but I realized it after I already wrote this chapter and I'm to lazy to go through and change it.

I did however go back to the chapter where you meet them and swapped for that because it would've been easier so I'm sorry for the confusion.

I hope y'all like this chapter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was in much better spirits than I have been in weeks. Finally feeling in control of myself I wasn't afraid anymore.

Okay that's a lie I will always be afraid of him but now I don't constantly overthink of him doing what he has to me again or trying to kill my brothers anymore.

Baby steps.

I've been trying to bring back the old me for years and I feel like I'm finally one step closer in that direction. It's like Clara has told me 'one day at a time' and for the first time ever I feel myself being excited for our meetings so I can tell her of the new motivation I have.

I wrote down how I felt when I climbed that tree in a simple journal so I wouldn't forget what it felt like to be up there and breathe the fresh air with the birds chirping and the warmth the sun gave me. It was the best feeling in the world.

It was Saturday and none of my brothers will be home tonight (for reasons I haven't been allowed to know) so now Lilli, Jace and Becca  are sleeping over.

I really like Becca and Jace and the two of them together are always amusing so I decided I would ask if they could come over, and hesitantly Enzo agreed.

It turns out Becca and Jace were already together so they both responded right away saying they'll be over by 4:00 and I haven't heard from than since.

Despite Jace being a guy I feel very comfortable around him. A huge part of it does have to come from how he let me know that he's gay and has been out for as long as he can remember, but even before he told me he just gave off this warmth that made anyone he interacted with comfortable around him.

I waited in the living room near the front door since it was almost four.

I knew Lilli would be at least 15 minutes late since that girl could not be on time to safe her life. But I wasn't sure if Becca and Jace were the type of people to either be early, right on time or late.

I lost track of time as I played a coloring game on my phone to distract me from the anxiety that built up over having never hung out with Jace or Becca outside of school before.

It's a good thing Lilli was going to be here otherwise I would be having a full blown anxiety attack.

I sit up quickly as the door bell rings before running to open it before any of my brothers that are still home can.

My happy smile turned into a confused one as I watched the 4'11 girl hit the 5'8 guy who was smiling despite the violence.

Noticing my presence Jace smiles wider showing off his dimples. "Ella I missed you!"

I laughed as he picked me up twirling around almost bumping my head into the doorframe.

"Hi Jace hey Becca!" I almost fell over after Jace put me down.

Walking inside I noticed Becca's old blue hair was now pink again like it was the first time I met her.

They both seemed to have forgotten they're argument as Emilio came down the stairs, shirtless.