Chapter 96

Jason POV

I was in the gym training with my punching bag. Blaze wouldn't even see me let alone listen to what I had to say.

Zarine was a wreck now that Zara was gone. He wouldn't come out of room and I had to force him to eat. He cried himself to sleep. I bunked with him in the night to keep him company.

The kid tended to get lonely.

What was Blaze thinking? We all know Zara's situation. We knew she wasn't... like the rest of us. And he knew the role he played in that.

He knew.

I punched

Then why?

I punched again.

He could have easily responded otherwise to her taunts.

I punched again.

Jem who had accompanied me to the gym looked up from the book she was reading. She looked at me with concern. It stirred something in me.

I felt protective of Zara and I didn't know why. I didn't like the whole situation and I didn't like how Blaze just threw himself into meeting after meeting refusing to meet with one of us. He hasn't even gone down to see her once.

Which I didn't know whether to be relieved or frustrated about. If a fight broke down between those two, things could get real messy real fast. But I knew he wouldn't do that. Male wolves could never hurt their mates in that way. Ever.

My concern for Zara gnawed at me. Was he alright? Was she eating well? Sleeping ok? I had kept an eye on her ever since she was here, making sure to drag her into our gang so she got used to being with people. So she knew she could trust us. And now it was all going down the drain.

Zara's experience was different from mine. She didn't just have to watch Blaze with Jem she was also almost killed by him then. I can't imagine what I would have done in that situation. I was too afraid to even approach her to get rejected. I could only imagine her pain.

I had berated Stacy for warning Blaze of Raven. That was a low move. Betraying Raven, who was one of us like that. I knew she always held a grudge against her. Stacy holds a grudge like no there. She is sweet when she is sweet but if you get on her bad side then, well...

I couldn't say I was much different.

My frustration was at peak levels nowadays despite Jem trying to calm me down. We had figured everything out but I still couldn't let her in. Trust her completely to not leave. But I was trying to reach there.

I even tried to send her to talk to Blaze and to fix Stacy's damage. He wouldn't let her in though. No special treatment for my mate.

We were angry at Stacey, but the truth was it wouldn't have made a difference either way. He would have known through the bond one way or another of what Raven did.

Raven as well wouldn't come out or talk to us other than meal times and we kept it carefully light. What she tried was stupid. Zara is pack luna. But we can't blame someone for a crush.

Besides, she looked haggard, probably wracked with guilt.

I know for a fact that Alpha Dex had been banned from all the meetings with Blaze. He wouldn't meet up with Dex either. Once, his mate luna Athelia had lost it and barge into one of his meetings but she was forced out.

Even the alphas that were in meetings with him couldn't bring up the topic. We were all walking on eggshells. His rage was palpable as if he would lose control any second. Rightfully so, it would have broken me if Jem told me the things Zara told Blaze.