Part 6

Racing back towards the lab I prepare myself for the storm I was about to walk into when I'm stopped by a familiar voice,

"You always manage to crack them". I turn behind me to see Nat, she makes her way to me as we continue to walk.

"You hiding?" I question as i lightly shove her with my elbow

"Not hiding avoiding, some team Fury's created" I laugh at her words

"Ya know it's weird, I mean I was brought up being taught everything about Roger's. They had articles, reports, everything about him we studied and now, well just a few minutes ago I was standing in the room with him" I reply staring straight ahead as we continue to walk.

"You don't have to tell anyone anything Y/N, you know that"

"Yeah, he'll ask though, he wanted to"

"I'm glad Fury brought you, I mean I don't know how long I would have lasted with them" she changed the subject knowing that it's something I hate talking about

"It's Clint, we both would have lasted however long" I say turning to her, Nat was like a sister to me, I know pretty big family, but she too had a rocky past. She was the first person I told about it, she understood as much as she could. From there she helped me find the ropes in SHIELD, without her I don't know where I'd be.

"Yeah, he owes us now. Have you spoken to your brothers since you've been back" she questions as I let out a small laugh and she smiles

"Does it look like I've even had time?" I reply back letting out a small laugh

"What's with the gloves? New look or something?" she questions looking down at my hands

"Ok catch up done our helped is needed in the lab" I say firmly. Nat and I weren't good with emotions, we avoided them actually. We'd have a small 3 minute chat every now and a again to cope, it was long enough brake and what we both needed. She looked at me giving me a firm nod, she thought the exact same thing as I did. Banner.

As we make our way towards the door of the lab Nat rushes in, I stand in the door frame as all eyes land on me, all giving me an impressed look expect Rogers who just stares at the ground.

"Thank you" Thor gives me a gentle nod which I kindly return, I know how important it was for him to see the Loki that he once knew. I know what it's like to be stuck defending your sibling for the horrible things they've done when you know them as the person they truly are.

"Agent Romanoff, would you escort Dr Banner to his-" Nicky begins

"Where? You rented my room." Banner cuts him off pointing towards the monitor showing the cell. I can feel Banner begging to get worked up and prepare myself.

"The cell was just in case-" Nick responds but is cut of again

"In case you needed to kill me" Bruce continues but I stop listening when a feel a mind near, a familiar mind along with multiple others. Clint. Shit

"Ok guys hate to ruin this moment but-" I cut in but go silent when I see Banner holding the sceptre. "Bruce, put the sceptre down please" I say calmly as I prepare a soundwave in case things get out of hand. A small sound comes from the computers drawing everyone's attention but mine as I watch Bruce put down the sceptre. "Ok now that that is over-"

"Not now" Rogers firmly interrupts holding his hand up at me like his a crossing guard

"Hey don't talk to her like that, do you know what you did to her, what you caused to happen to her?" Tony steps in, I shoot a small sound wave to his head just enough to make him shut up as I also send him a glare.