Chapter 76

Hank pulled off to a gas station on the side of the road, pulling straight up to the gas pump

Hank pulled off to a gas station on the side of the road, pulling straight up to the gas pump. Blair looked over his shoulder from the backseat, checking the gas gauge. After having been on the road for almost four hours, they were unsurprisingly almost on empty. They still had at least three more hours of a drive, maybe more.

"If you need to use the bathroom," Hank announced as he unbuckled himself, turning face Blair and Jason sitting in the backseat. "I'd suggest doing it now, because once we're out of here, we're not stopping until we get to Dick."

Blair rolled her eyes, lightly shoving Jason out the door. She felt like a child again, on some family road trip. The only difference was she wasn't a child anymore and the last time she had a genuine family road trip that wasn't to hide from a weird cult was when she was nine stuck in the backseat between Dick and Donna on the way to Metropolis for the weekend.

Dawn jumped out of the truck, sticking her card into the machine before calling over her shoulder, "Hank, can you grab me a water?"

"Yeah, no problem." He turned to Blair and Jason, pulling out his wallet. "You two want anything?"

Without a moment of hesitation, Blair immediately answered, "A Bug Juice and Cheetos."

"A Bug Juice?" Hank repeated, staring at her in disbelief as Jason snorted. "Really?"

"It's a road trip staple, Hank!" She exclaimed. Thinking of the road trip with Dick and Donna from the old days made her a little nostalgic.

"You do remember how small those are, right?"

Blair just shrugged, "Which is why I'm also asking for a water on the side."

Hank chuckled, looking over at Jason, "Anything for you, kid?"

"Red Gatorade is fine."

"Alright." Hank put his wallet back in his pocket, ruffling Blair's hair as he started walking to the station. "I'll be back."

Blair stretched her arms, walking around the empty parking lot. Having been trapped inside a truck for four hours, she was anxious to stretch her legs for as long as possible. It probably didn't help that she had a lot of pent up nervous energy from the secret she was carrying around and the fear of whatever was happening to Dick and the kids.

Jason stuck his hands in his pockets, glancing over at her, "So when do you plan on telling them?"

"You know," She started, leaning against the wall outside the store. "I thought it would come to me, that I would just know the perfect time," She sighed with small laugh. "But I'm starting to think there is no perfect time."

"Better to rip the bandaid." Jason shrugged.

Blair nodded, shifting her gaze to Dawn leaning against the truck as she filled it with gas. She turned around, looking through the window at Hank in the far back of the store, the refrigerator door half-closed on him as he grabbed what she only assumed was her Bug Juice based on the bright colors. Rip of the bandaid. Super easy. Right.