29| Panic

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Panic

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 29: Panic (Ava's POV)

We've been home for nearly a week now and everything has been very normal. And that's not a good sign because we've spent all this time preparing for the worst but Liam hasn't done anything. It's been making Rhys and I both uneasy and what makes it worse is that his father was so excited to step down as king and let his son take over that he announced it the moment we came back. It's only a matter of a week and a half now, and then Rhys will officially be crowned prince, so he's spent this entire week, very, unfortunately, away from me. 

He's been out working, visiting places, meeting important people, attending council meetings, and so much more. He found time to come drop by the dance class which I started teaching again and we managed to have lunch together on some days, but today, Mrs. Gemma asked me especially to stay home so we can choose dresses for the crowning ceremony. 

Everybody's excited. Except for Rhys and me. I've been feeling insanely uneasy the past few days, a little more than Rhys has. He's been trying to take my mind off of it when it should really be the other way around. I should be calming him down because all eyes are on him right, all the pressure is on his shoulders. 

I was heading to the living area but stopped when I heard Rhys coming down the stairs. "Hi," I grinned. 

"Hi." He halted in front of me, letting out a breath. "You look beautiful," he mumbled. 

I chuckled, "I look like this every day." 

"That means you look beautiful every day," he sang mockingly, leaning in to kiss me. He wrapped his arms around my waist and I put mine around his neck, pulling him closer and into another kiss. 

"Are you working today too?" I mumbled against his lips before pulling away to look at him. 

He sighed, resting his forehead against mine. "Yes, unfortunately, I am. I have a meeting with a new school we're building. I get to conduct teacher interviews. Despite the fact that I'm nowhere near qualified to be a teacher, how exciting, huh?" 

I laughed, brushing his hair out of his eyes. "How exciting indeed. Choose all the nice teachers and reject all the mean one. It's insane how much stress they put on students," I frowned. 

"Will do, my love." 

"Hmm, I love when you call me that," I teased. 

He stared at me for a minute and then let out an exhausted sigh, dropping his forehead to my shoulder. "I'm really tired, Ava. And all I want to do is kiss you and lay in bed with you all day, and have sex with you all day," he whined, keeping his voice down. 

"I suppose your priorities should be different now that you're king," I mumbled, scratching the back of his head. 

He relaxed, even more, going weak in the knees. "You turn me into goo." He pulled away to look at me. 

My nose scrunched up. "What?" I laughed. "Okay. What time do you leave?" 

"In a couple of minutes."