Chapter 119

"Oh my god. Who is this?"

Bea exclaimed, as soon as she opened the door.

Raeden walked in through the door with an unconscious girl in his arms and laid her down on the nearby couch.

"Why are you here?" Eugene asked walking past her, followed by Jade and the twins.

Bea, a rabbit beastmen was in the village Chief's residence when her brother and the rest of his colleagues walked in carrying an unconscious girl.

"Not the craziest thing we've ever brought home" Noah passed as he ruffled Bea's hair.

"So why are you here? And where's the Chief?" Eugene asked again.

"I was helping Melina with a few errands" Bea closed the door and crunched down near the couch.

"She is with the Chief in the back"

Bea moved the hair away from the woman's face as Raeden put a pillow under her head to elevate it.

"Wow... She's pretty. Where did you find her?"

"She found us"

"Or found Eugene to be precise" Jade added.

"What?" Bea frowned and turned to her brother.

She felt curious about the beautiful girl that caught her elusive brother captive. She noticed that the ends of her hair were different from her brown locks.

'Hair colour?'

Just then Chief Gorden came out from the backroom thinking of grabbing a coffee from the kitchen. He had returned from helping his daughter Melina restock the medicine cabinet with the herbs Bea had given to them.

Being the only medical practitioner in the village along with the position as Chief came with a lot of responsibilities. He merely had time to have breakfast when a bunch of villagers came with bruises all over their bodies.

Now that everyone has gone home, he could finally get the coffee he deserved.

Gorden stopped dead on his tracks after noticing the room filled with people who were not supposed to be there.

The Nero mercenaries stared at him with a suspicious expression and then uniformly shifted their gaze to the couch in front of them.

Gordon could feel by instinct that something was not right. From his position, he was only able to see the back of the couch but was able to notice the pair of feet protruding out of it.

He took a step forward to find a woman.... or rather a girl he had never seen before lying on his couch with her eyes closed.

"Oh no. What now?" Gordon sighed.

"Chief...." Noah put a hand on his shoulder as he said,

"You better sit down for this"

Within a few minutes, Eugene gave a full rundown of the events of the past few hours without leaving out any details starting from the goblin attack till how they ended up in front of the Chief's house.

According to their theory, the mysterious woman had come to the Sterron grasslands with the same goal as the Nero mercenaries. That was to collect the Golden Rosales Plant which was a highly demanded medical plant.

After noticing that the grass may be potentially poisonous she climbed the tree which had a branch suspended right on top of the plant to avoid stepping on the grass. But the branch snapped and she fell to the ground triggering a pollen burst.