Chapter 7

"Elijah? Elena? Theresa?" Carol Lightwood said as she opened the door

"Elijah? Elena? Theresa?" Carol Lightwood said as she opened the door. Tessa silently flinched at the use of her full name, which did not go unnoticed by the original. "What are you doing here? What happened?"

"I've had a bit of an incident, Carol. I'm hoping you could help," Elijah said. 

"Well, I'm on my way to a meeting so-," she started only to be cut off by the originals. "I won't take but a minute of your time," he compelled her.

"Of course. Anything you need."

"Thank you. Well, first things first, I'm going to need a change of clothing."

"Well, we could try one of my husband's suits," she offered. "I haven't boxed them up yet."

"Wonderful."

"How did you know she's not on vervain?" Elena asked.

"Because I'm the one who got her off it. Right before you and your friends killed him. Twice"

"Hey, if it's any consolation, I didn't even know about it," Tessa smiled at him.

After Elijah explained to Elena and Tessa how Klaus was a hybrid and needed to break the curse in order to unlock his wolf side, Tessa understood his side of the story. She understood how hard it must be for him, and why he did what he did. Elena, on the other hand, didn't.

Elijah was about to talk again before Elena's phone continued buzzing making him sigh in annoyance. "Your phone will not stop its incessant buzzing. Answer it, please," he said handing her phone to her.

"Stefan-, what's wrong? No. No, no, no I-," Elena said as she spoke into the phone making Tessa groan, wishing she also had vampire hearing. "Okay, I'll be right there."

"What's wrong?" Tessa asked.

"Klaus went after Jenna. I have to go to her."

"That's not a part of the day's agreement," Elijah argued.

"She's my family, Elijah, I have to. I'll be back, you have my word."

"That doesn't mean anything to me until you live up to it."

"Thank you," Elena sighed and then turned to Tessa, "You coming?"

"Um, no. You go ahead, I need to talk to Lijah about something," Tessa said making Elena give her a confused glance before running away.

"What do you know about Shadowhunters?" Tessa asked as she turned to face Elijah.

He furrowed his brows at the unexpected question. "Shadowhunters?"

"Yes, Shadowhunters."

"Why? Why are you suddenly interested in Nephilim, Theresa?"