Trust | Armin x (Cheater) Reader

Prompt- You cheat on Armin

Modern AU

You knew you were in the wrong. That what you were going to do was wrong on so many levels. You knew it was wrong when he closed the door and placed his unfamiliar lips against yours. Yet, you didn't stop. Instead uttering consent from your free will and forgetting what happened next. Now, the day after, tears pricked your eyes as you held the covers to your body. Unfamiliar covers, unfamiliar bed, and an unfamiliar person beside you. Unlike last night your head was now filled with Armin. Memories from the past 4 years with him to be specific and predictions of how heartbroken both of you would feel when you told him.

You got up, dressing before quickly leaving. You pulled your car into its parking spot before turning the it off. Though, you didn't get out. Instead you sat there, staring emotionlessly. when you finally did get out and walk towards home you felt how sluggish you were. All you could feel was dread and sorrow.

Shutting the door before calling out a weak 'i'm home' happened before Armins arms encased you.

"Oh my god Y/n! Where were you?! I was so worried! You say your going out with friends and don't show up til the next day! Do you know how scared I was?!"

"I'm sorry." you mumbled as he hugged you tighter. "I'm sorry." you repeated with tears starting to form. You repeated it again and again. "I'm sorry i'm sorry i'm sorry i'm sorry..."

"It's okay love, you just scared me."

"No you don't get it. I'm really sorry Armin. I-I..."

"What's wrong?"

He pulled you back to arms length and looked at you. Really looked at you. There weren't that many hickeys on your neck the night before, he was sure of it, and he was careful to leave them lower so shirts would cover them. these weren't his.

"Y-Y/n?" his face and voice displayed his distress as he let go of you. "...What?"

"Armin please believe me. I'm really sorry. I-I don't know what happened! I didn't m-mean to! I swear!"

Armin shook his head, the tears in his eyes falling down his red cheeks as he backed up. You stepped forward, reaching out for him.

"P-Please Armin! Believe me. I didn't mean to! I love you! Please!" He avoided your reach as he continued to back up.

"H-how could you? HOW COULD YOU?!" he screamed painfully. "FOUR WHOLE YEARS! GONE. I-I DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT TO SAY. I TRUSTED YOU! I TRUSTED YOU AND YOU COME HOME WITH HICKEYS?! HOW COULD YOU CHEAT ON ME?!"

"I didn't mean to I swe-"

"No Y/n. Did you say no? Did you want it?"

"Armin listen-"

"DID YOU WANT IT?!"

"It wasn't against my will... I said yes." you said looking at the floor. "B-But I regret it! I-"

"It doesn't matter anymore. What's done is done." His voice was weak now, no longer screaming as he silently sobbed. "I loved you. I still do love you but... I can't." A sob broke from your mouth as he back up further.

"Please, please Armin. I love you!"

"I get that. But I can't forgive you." He spoke bluntly, sadness seeping through the cracks in his voice. "Relationships are about trust. Trust Y/n. Trust that you broke. You selfishly broke by sleeping with another man."

"I-Is there anything I can do."

He shook his head. "No. I've made up my mind. I'll grab my things and be out by nightfall."

"Armin. Please. Don't leave me." you pleaded but to no avail.

His eyes glistened with sadness.

"Love, you walked away first." he uttered before walking to the bedroom and closing the door behind him.

True to his word, all of Armins stuff was moved out by dusk, the only remainder of him was the light scent of wood and sugar, and a beautiful set of rings on the dresser.

a/n- tada! ANGST

anyway how are y'all? i'm okay, i've started making my dogs halloween costume- she's going as toothless from httyd and i'm so excited :)

what's your favorite type of writing (i.e fluff, angst etc)

i love you very much darling