Chapter 28

Seoyeon's POV

The family day at Hwayoung's kindergarten was fun and quite exhausting. At the end, our team won which made me feel so happy, because I get to see the smiles of her schoolmates. They were so cute and everyone was joyously cheering for each other. After that eventful day, I used my weekends to rest my body and mind, because my body was a bit sore from moving too much. Jumping, running, and cheering is no joke, especially when you put too much effort to it. Anyway, it was a cold weekend though, because it rained so hard last Saturday until Sunday.

I'm currently on my way to work while riding a taxi. It's still a bit gloomy outside, as if it's about to rain again. It suddenly reminded me when I was a child. I used to love the rain because I felt like I was showering by using the clouds. My dad would join me as we jump on puddles and I would giggle whenever we make a huge splash. My mom would scold us after, since my immune system was a bit weak when I was young. I would easily get sick. Unfortunately, I often get sick after playing out in the rain. I was pretty stubborn, wasn't I?

The taxi eventually stopped outside the company building. I paid the driver and was about to step out when my phone suddenly rang. I first stepped outside the car and went to a shade to check who called me. It took me to a surprise when I saw Mr. Kim's number, so I answered it immediately.

"Hello, Mr. Kim?" I asked, but I got confused when I heard sniffles. "Mr. Kim?" I asked again.

(M-Mommy....)

The sound of Hwayoung's voice made my brows to furrow. "Hwayoung? Sweetheart, why are you crying?" I queried and as her sniffles got louder, panic starts to flow in me. "What's happening? Are you alright, sweetheart?" I softly stated, trying to calm her down atleast.

(M-Mommy, please help da-daddy.... Please c-come home....)

"Sweetie, I need you to hold for a second, okay? Don't hang up the call, I just need to do something really quick." And I heard her agree so I immediately looked around.

I then saw the guard so I went to ask him if Mr. Kim already arrived. The guard told me that he hasn't arrived yet, which maybe is the reason why Hwayoung is calling using his phone.

"Hwayoung? Are you still there?" I called and she hummed, sniffles still heard. "Sweetie, are you home with your father?" I asked to confirm.

(Y-Yes, mommy.... Daddy needs y-you. His skin w-was burning....)

His skin was burning? Does that mean he's sick? He probably caught a cold.

"Okay, Hwayoung, I want you to calm down first. I will go there as fast as I can. Wait for me, alright? Don't worry, everything's gonna be fine. I promise." I said as I start to look for a taxi. I waved my hand when I saw one and went inside immediately.

(Please hurry....)

"I will, sweetie. Be strong, okay? I'm on my way. Don't hang up the call." I instructed and she hummed in agreement.

It was a twenty-minute ride from the company to the subdivision where Mr. Kim lives. Good thing that I still remember the details from last time, when Taehyung took me there. All throughout the ride, I was calming Hwayoung down while also teaching her what to do. And after a few minutes, I finally reached their mansion. It felt as if the party Taehyung held was just yesterday. I then thanked the driver as I pay before getting out. I told Hwayoung that I'm already outside of their gate, so I hang up the call and pressed the doorbell. A guard approached, but when I was about to talk to him on who I am and why I am here, he just opened the gate and motioned for me to go inside. I got confused but I just bowed my head and walked as fast as I can with my pumps.