11 - Baking Soda

Today was the day.  It's been a few days since the unfortunate screaming match between me and Justin, after cooling down I suggested we meet in a nearby park on my lunch break. Not too public but not too private either, which hopefully lessens the chance of us having a screaming match.

Asher had to work this morning so I left Kaden with my parents for the day as they, mostly my dad, have been asking when he's coming by next; you have a kid and they forget all about you, I'm just his chauffer at this point.

He's probably being spoiled by his grandparents while I am having one of the most nerve-wracking walks in my entire life, when did this park get so far because I feel like I've been walking for hours.

I finally make it to the park and scan the area to see if Justin is already here. Of course, he's punctual as ever and is already waiting at a picnic table for me, he stands once he notices my approach. 

"Hey, it's nice to see you." He gives me a tense smile and we sit on either side of the table, facing each other.

"Thanks for agreeing to meet me here, I'm sure you have some questions from the last time we saw each other." I grimace a little thinking of the screaming match we had.

"I'm really sorry about that, Addie, it was just really surprising." His brows furrow and I can tell he wants to say more but is holding himself back.

"Well it was surprising for me too, when I told your mom I would talk with you I didn't mean you could show up to my house unexpectedly."

He stays silents and just looks down at the wooden table as if it has all the answers he's looking for.

"What did you want to talk to me about anyway?" I suddenly remember he was the one who wanted to meet up in the first place.

"Oh, well, uhm, I mostly just wanted to apologize for the way I left things with you. It wasn't right and I should've spoken to you instead of just leaving like I did."

"Well, thank you for the apology, Justin. Was that all?" I know I'm being blunt and probably a little bit rude but this conversation is bringing up feelings I thought I came to terms with already.

"Not necessarily, I was originally going to ask if you wanted to go for dinner, but now I can see you've moved on." Though there was some bite to his words I can sense a bit of sadness as well.

"Not that it's any of your business who I date seeing that we aren't together. Did you expect me to just be here waiting for you as if you didn't rip my heart out of my chest and disappear?" I might be a little dramatic, but I'm trying to put my point across. 

"Well, I guess not, but I also didn't expect you to have a baby with some guy and be living together when I got back. Seems a little quick."

"Are you serious right now!? You don't know anything, you left me! I was here all alone, and now you want to just come back into my life?" 

Again not where I wanted this conversation to go, especially not on my lunch break, but I guess we're just laying all our cards out on the table.

"What am I not allowed to feel things? I was so in love with you Addison, but at the speed, you moved on I guess the feeling wasn't mutual."

Those words felt like a shot to my gut because I was so in love with him and he knows that, I would've done anything for him and our relationship.

"Well maybe if you had asked instead of jumping to conclusions, you would have found out that I didn't move on." I make sure to keep my voice down remembering we are in a public space right now.