Chapter 1 : Delhi Diaries

📍Delhi

The birds in the trees were singing sweet melodies. It was a cold Delhi morning.

Aye Masakali Masakali,
Ud Matakali Matakali
Aye Masakali Masakali,
Ud Matakali Matakali
Aye Masakali Masa Masa Kali,
Ud Matakali Matakali
Aye Masakali Masakali,
Ud Matakali Matakali

A woman in her mid-twenties woke up with a smile on her face. She went to the balcony and breathed in the fresh morning air. The kids playing below waved to her and she waved back with a huge grin.

Zara Phank Jhatak Gai Dhool Atak
Aur Lachak Machak Ke Duur Bhatak
Ud Dagar Dagar Kasbe Kuche Nukkad Basti
Mein Yeah-E Yeah-E
Itdi Se Mud Ada Se Ud, Kar Le Puri Dil Ki Tamanna,
Hawa Se Jud Ada Se Ud
Purr Bhuur Bhurrr Phuurrr,
Tu Hai Heera Panna Ree

Masakali Masakali,
Ud Mataakali Mataakali
Masakali Masakali,
Ud Mataakali Mataakali

The woman went to the bathroom to get ready for the day. Wearing an elegant anarkali, she brushed her hair and left it open. She wore her jhumkas. Carefully, she applied her kajal and eyeliner. She smiled as she liked the way she looked. After applying lipstick, her favourite Ruby Woo, she picked up her handbag. But before that, she joined her hands to pray to her Aiyappa.

Ghar Tera Saloni, Badal Ki Colony
Dekhlade Thenga In Sabko Jo Udna Na Jane
Udiyo Na Dariyo Kar Manmani Manmani Manmani
Badhiyo Naa Mudiyon Kar Nadani
Udiyo Na Dariyo Kar Manmani Manmani Manmani
Badhiyo Naa Mudiyon Kar Nadani

She ran downstairs and took the blessings of the elders. Her presence always brought smiles to everyone's faces. She went to the kitchen and helped to bring the dishes to the dining table. Everyone forced her to sit down and told her not to do work and they all ate breakfast together.

Abb Than Le Muskan Le, Keh Sana Nana Na Na Na Hawa
Bas Than Le Tu Jaan Le, Keh Sana Nana Na Na Na Hawa

The woman sat in the ricksha. She enjoyed the view of the Red Fort. A smile never escaped her lips. She spotted her regular chai wala bhaiya as she stopped for a signal. He greeted her and she waved back.

Aye Masakali Masakali, Ud Mataakali Mataakali
Aye Masakali Masa Masa Kali, Masakali Masakali, Ud Matak...

She reached her destination and paid her rickshawala. She took off her shoes and entered inside. She lifted the Veena and placed it according to her comfort.

Re Re Re Re Re Re, Ra Ra Ra Ra
Hey Hey Hey Heyyy, Ho Ho Hoo Hoo

"Nandini, on time, like always."

Nandini turned around and stood up immediately.

"Guruji, good morning." She wished, after touching his feet.

"Good morning Nandini. Car main aa jaati na, rickshaw kyun?" Guruji asked.

"It's my last day here ...mujhe bas fresh air chahiye tha." Nandini said sheepishly.

"Okay okay. Riyaaz shuru karte hai."

-----

📍Mumbai

"Excellent presentation, son. They were impressed. I can already visualize your success."

"Thanks dad. I am glad I can make you proud." The young man replied.

The father hugged him and patted his shoulder.

"Good job Manik. Get back to me with the updates about the Mehra's deal."