Please, Don't Touch That

I blushed a deep red. Of course he was hot I just hadn't really been expecting for that to be what she said. It made me want to push her up the stairs and go back to her room, she wasn't treating them with caution she was treating them like she wanted to be their sex slave, which I supposed made a little sense, they were cute.

Chester smirked and looked slightly uncomfortable as he glanced at Tucker, then Mabel, "Ah, thanks?"

She smiled, all cat like and then glared at me, "Why didn't you tell me we had company?"

I supposed you can imagine the look of disbelief on my face, sorry Mabel, I forgot to inform you the neighbors had dropped by for tea. Would you like to help set the table and get some sugar from the pantry?

What a diptard.

I resisted the urge to roll my eyes as I sat on the counter. I didn't actually think they were going to sell me or Mabel off as some sort of sex slave, and they had said that whatever actions were taken after this conversation would be my choice.

Tucker rubbed his shoulder and looked over at Mabel, "Hello, I wasn't aware that there were more people here than just-"

I cut him off before he could use my fake name and Mabel could correct him, that no I don't have the name Debby.

"Actually, that's my fault, I told Mabel to hide upstairs just incase you were cannibals, or clowns, or sex slave dealers."

They all looked at me, and Sam was smirking with that ever present smile while Beck just shook his head, though he looked a bit amused. Chester coughed into his hand, hiding a laugh and Tucker watched me, "We aren't, I assure you. But now that, Mabel?" he looked at Mabel, who was sitting next to Chester, to double check that that was her name before continuing, "Mable, is here, I think there will be a few more questions," he looked at Sam.

Sam looked at me for a moment, "Which of you two is older?"

Mabel perked up, leaning over Chester, who leaned back so she wasn't touching him, "I am," she threw Sam a wink. She leaned closer to Chester who for his part grunted and said something I couldn't quiet make out, but it sounded like 'please don't touch that'.

I wondered where this Mabel had come from. All my life she was hostile, and rude... Here she was flirting with these guys she barely knew. It made me wonder how she was in school, where we pretended not to know each other and my AP classes we scheduled so that I rarely saw her.

Sam looked at me, and was quiet. I was stuck staring at his laughing green eyes while I was lost in thought and slowly a smile creeped onto his lips making me lose my train of thought as my eyes focused on his lips. I dropped my gaze to the floor while he grinned at me.

"Right then," Tucker, clapped his hands and stood up, he faced all of us, "I wanted to invite you, and your sister of course, to come to our little compound. There are maybe forty people, and there are walls. It's completely safe and we have enough food and supplies to go around,"  his gaze flickered to me and then down at my knee, "we also have a medic, so you can get your leg looked at, Sam can look at it here for you before we leave, as he's training with our medic, but if you need any medicines for it, it'll have to be at the compound."

Chester scooted to the edge of his seat, "Yeah uhm," he discreetly stood, making Mabel nearly fall off her own chair as she was trying to get so close to him, "the only thing that has ever been expected from anyone is for them to help keep the community up and going. So like supply missions, you don't have to go on them but if you think you'd be good for that sort of thing you can sign up. Also everyone takes turns helping in the mess hall, cleaning dishes and serving food."

"And," Sam jumped down from the counter and leaned against it, "If none of that makes you want to come, we have running water and electricity," he said, looking at Mabel briefly before looking at me.

I was biting down on my lip trying to think of a way to get out of saying yes. I mean it sounded pretty awesome, hot showers alone was enough to make me want to say yes, but I didn't know these people. For all I know they could be lying.

Before I could say anything though, Mabel perked up, "Well, I would love to come with you," she smiled, looking at Chester.

He shivered and looked away, towards me asking if I might help him, I gave him a sympathetic smile, apologizing without actually saying anything.

Mabel looked at Tucker, "When do we leave?"

Tucker scratched the back of his head and I looked over at Beck while Tucker spoke, "Well, we're ready to go, we were just waiting around to see if your sister was still around, and invite her back with us... so if you girls could grab your stuff we can be out of here as soon as fifteen minutes, I suppose."

Beck was watching me, with a wary expression and I couldn't figure out why. Well, I could, I mean he was probably worried that I would be one of those people.  I could see it now,

Beck was running a little bit ahead of me, and Chester was already in the car ready to go. Sam turned back to look at me.

"Debby get your ass running!!"

"I can't!" I'd scream back, "I've been infected."

He would look at me in disbelief and run back to me, the zombies breaking down the barricade while we wasted precious time.

"I don't see a bite," he would say.

I would nod and sniffle a little because I'd be crying, "I know. I bit one of THEM!"

The stupidity of the thought had me smiling.

"Hello," someone snapped a finger in front of my face, "earch to Debby," I looked up, focusing on Chester's face as he gave me a heart stopping grin, "Hey Cupcake, you need to get packing so we can leave and get back to the compound before dark."

I blushed and nodded, when I hit the bottom step Chester spoke again, "Oh,  Cupcake, would you rather ride in a truck or a car?"

I thought about it for a few moment, "Uh, a truck?"

He smiled and nodded, "You'll be riding with Beck and Sam then."

I frowned, we weren't all riding together? Chester walked off before I could ask and I turned and made my way to my room, someone started walking up the stairs behind me, and I moved to get out of their way, spotting Beck. He frowned and gestured for me to keep going.

"I'm slow, I'll just be slowing you down.."

He raised an eyebrow, "I don't think you'll be slowing anyone down, Debby. Besides, I'm following you so that I can help you pack up and make sure you don't fall down and hurt your other knee. You may be good up in those trees but it seems on the ground you're a bit of a clutz," I could hear the teasing in his rich voice and I felt my blush all the way to the tips of my ears.

I tuned and practically ran up the stairs, the best I could.