Chapter 8 | Tea

"Come here and pray" I feel pissed out now but patiently wait for the girl to walk, after putting her weight from one leg to another and after mentally fighting with her small brains if she should pray with me or not, she gives up and walks with small baby steps.

And just like me, she places the mat down but two steps behind so we do not stand with our shoulder together.

5 minutes later

With a surprised frown while staying in the mat I look over my shoulder to see her crying ever so quietly but the empty room filled with silence does not benefits her and her quiet whimpers can be clearly heard.

I look at the girl who looks so small beside me as she prays but cries while talking to Allah and I don't know why the first thing my heart asked Allah was to ease her pain and give All the love she deserves.

With a sigh I stand up to walk towards my table to pick my laptop, all of a sudden feeling frustrated by the sudden pain I am feeling by looking at her in pain.

I try my best to ignore all the feelings by doing my work. But couldn't help myself from ignoring it.

Kinza كنزا

I wipe my running nose in my long sleeved shirt as I fold the mat and walk towards the nightstand which is near this build up guy who is already acting like an authoritative husband and ordering me around.

I so want to tell him I am not someone who takes orders, I do what I like, but the cat inside me said shutup Kinza and listen to what he is saying. I hate myself, I know you do to!

I do not even look at him but throw the mat on the stand from a distance so I do not stay near him and also mentally pray that it should land correctly but since I cried and prayed alot before Allah refused to accept this plead and it falls right near his legs. Damnit!

I look at him with wide eyes not knowing if I should keep it on the right place or let him do, when he sees me all freeze doing nothing but standing in her place like a statue, with an eye roll he picks it up and drops it on the nightstand.

"Go get ready we are going down" he speaks without looking at me but his laptop and my mind is blinking with confusion "where are we going?" I act a little bold and question what is in my mind, because who the hell roams around at 5 in the morning?—Okay 5:45 in the morning?!

"I said you we are going down" down? I look down on the floor not understanding what does he mean by down? Is he talking about some underground place?

"Ya Allah" he breathes out with another eye roll, he rolls his eyes alot.

I raise my eyebrow not understanding what he is saying "down in the sense not here-ya allah" again he huffs "to the living room, after fajr we all gather up and have some tea, so go get ready" he explains and I nod with a 'Ohh' understanding what he is saying but quickly shake my head when everything correctly fits in my dumb mind.

"What? you didn't understand?" He raises his eyebrow seeing me shake my head "No-I mean yes-no no-ya allah" What the hell am I speaking?!!

"Are you...okay?" He looks at me and I only nod at that but again shake "I mean—why would you have tea chat early in the morning shouldn't people sleep at this time, that's what I do in my home, I sleep after fajr...and I am sleepy now" I rub my eyes with the back of my hand but pout at the guy who is looking surprised by my sentence which for the first time I said without stuttering.