17. Again

Drystan pov of the plane ride

She sits there sleeping so peacefully, her eyes shut, her body leaning against the side of the seat. So perfect. So beautiful. So intriguing.

I remind myself that I can't have her, I won't allow myself to put her at risk.

She flashed me one of her precious smiles when we reached back to where her car was parked. She had expected me to talk to her, to tell her how worried I was, to tell her how much I missed her and I wanted to.

But I couldn't.

So I sat into another car staying silent and drove towards where the jets waited for us.

We've been on this plane for two hours, eight left. I've said a few words to Merick and Ryen but that was all. I look back at my phone and scroll through the book I was reading.

I shut off my phone and watched Delaynie sleep. That's all I could do from now on. Only watch her from a distance.

Maybe I'm being dramatic, then again maybe I just care about her.

She shifts in her slumber and her eyes slowly flicker open, I pick up my phone again and pretend to scroll through something.

I watch her from the corner of my eye, she wipes the haze off her eyes brings a bottle of water to her lips, she opens her mouth and swallows down the water.

Why am I watching her?

I'm supposed to hate her. It only made sense, I tried to kill her fifty times, why am I falling for her then?

I hate her.

I hate her.

I hate her.

She turns her brown eyes to me, I look back down at my phone.

I like her.

She stands To her feet facing me and strolls towards me.

Don't come here. Don't come here. Don't come here. I won't be able to stop myself.

She plops down beside me, I don't look her way. "Drystan." She calls my attention, I look away from my phone and turn my head to her.

"Yes."

"Why are you being so distant?" She asks me suspiciously, because I'm falling for you, but I don't say that. I cant.

"You are the one who hates me, I just know when to back off." I say snarkly, I couldn't give any fucks if she hated me but it's better this way, she can believe that I hate her. She won't want me then.

"That never stopped you from annoying me before." She drawls out.

"Things change." I reply coldly and turn back to my phone, acting as if it's more interesting than her.