Law x Paranoid!Reader. Lock and Key.

-AN-
Alright, I'm a naturally very paranoid person. So this will be quite a detailed fanfic.

A pair of wide, (e/c) eyes flashed around the blindingly, white infirmary. Her fearful eyes could be described as those of a fugitive who is walking past a police station.

It hadn't been long since she joined the pirates of the heart;well, I say joined.

More like forcibly given to the pirates by the doctor who had long since given up on curing her.

Curing her of what, though?

She wasn't ill. All the time she had been at that island, they had treated her for something that, 'didn't even exhist.'

Well, that was her opinion. There was nothing wrong with her. Everyone was wrong. There were people watching her. All night. All day.

Her head swiveled behind her to face the none existant gaze on her back.

A low creak caught her overworked ears, and she twisted quickly to face the slowly opening iron door.

Pale, trembling hands snatched the overused daggers from it's sheath on her thigh.

"It's ok, (y/n). It's just me."

Came the low baritone of the man who tried to cure her of this none existant illness.

Steel Gray eyes ringed with signs of his lack of sleep met her own fearful orbs. However, her warning to stay away was relentless. The shiny dagger remained jabbed in his direction.

He sighed, leaned his nodachi against the door, raised his hands above his head, and slowly advanced forward.

Once he was close enough, his large, tanned hands slipped the dagger from her own, and placed it out of arms length. While it would've been easier to create a 'room' and take the dagger, he knew better then to test her very limited trust with such a sudden action.

He fell back into his swivel chair, and gazed into her large eyes with his naturally bored looking stare.

Moments passed, before he made her jump as he spoke.

"Tell me, (y/n)...what is it like to be paranoid?"

She kept her gaze trained on him as she thought, not even daring to blink as she wracked through her brain for an answer.

Even though she wasn't paranoid, people were just watching her 24/7, she decided to humour the dark pirate and give her honest answer on what it felt like to have constant eyes on her.

"It's like...it's like being sat, in a tiny room. A room...So small, that it is physically impossible to fit more than one person in it at a time. Yet...even though only you're sat in there... somehow, someone else,that you can't see, is in there also...watching you... You reach desperately for the door handle, knowing that the one trapped in there has ill intentions towards you, maybe even murderous... but the door is gone. You can't get out. You're trapped in that tiny room with invisible man who wields a knife... and you're to remain there until your last breath."

The girl mumbled, damp eyes casting back to his own.

"Locked in a doorless room with someone you can't see for an eternity..."

Law summed up, eyes softening as he gazed into the fearful pools of (e/c) that sat opposing him.

Sighing, he moved forward, and pulled the tense girl into a tight hug from which she couldn't escape.

Fear washed over her as she struggled.

He's gonna hurt me!

Get away, get away!

Make him let go!

Help!

These thoughts flashed across her frenzied brain as she squirmed to no avail.

Minutes past with the girl trying desperately to fend off the suffocating feeling swelling deep within, until eventually, she calmed down. Slumping in defeat into the relentless grip of the dark captain.

The surgeon of death.

Fear continued to prickle her thumping heart, despite her now forgotten attempt at escape. He was not given that title without reason; that unknown reason being the object of her resistance towards the tall man.

Pulling back ever so slowly to gaze into the girls eyes, he gripped her lightly by her shoulders. A smile that radiated warmth unlike anything she had ever seen was shown for the first time in years, however his eyes remained stern.

"On the days you feel the invisible man draws near, just call my name, and the door will appear. I will be there as fast as can be, as for you my dear, I'll provide a lock and Key...."

-AN-
Well, the ending was not planned, but I like it. The explanation you give of paranoia is my own. I have bad paranoia myself and that's my exact view on it. Anyway, thanks for reading guys. Hope you enjoyed! (Also yes, I did make up the end rhyme.)