39. Death To The King

(Y/N)

I landed a kick on Yelena pushing her back and my hand instantly flew up to touch my bleeding shoulder.

"You've gotten better at fighting." she commented and breathed heavily, a trail of blood coming out from her nose.

"Shut up." I raised my sword again and she came at me, I felt the vibration of the sword as I blocked hers.

"(Y/N), watch out! " I heard Kuchel and looked down, seeing a dagger coming my way.

I didn't have time to react to it, but I didn't have to because Zeke jumped on Yelena's hand bitting down on it making her drop it.

"Stupid monkey! " she threw Zeke on the wall and he fell limp on the ground.

"Ah! " I yelled in anger and used my bleeding arm to punch her.

"Tch." she moved back and raised her sword.

I prepared myself to block her attack but it never came. Instead she yelled and her sword fell on the ground as the human Zeke held her hands back.

"Do it (Y/N)!" he yelled and I put my sword through her chest careful not to stab him as well.

Zeke let go of her and she fell down with my sword still in her and Zeke fell down as well. He was bloody and not looking good. I bend down next to him.

"Zeke? Are you okay? " I asked worried.

"I'm... I'm fine." he nodded and looked at the monkey who came up to him. "Haven't seen you in a while."

"Ah-ah. "

I turned around and grabbed the keys from Yelena's body and opened the cell door. Once I did I sat next to Kuchel.

"Are you okay? " I helped her sit up.

"I'm fine... " she breathed, her face was cut and bleeding, the rest of her body probably looks like that as well. "What are you doing here? "

"..." I looked down. "I came here with your son. "

"... My son? " she whispered. "Levi is here? Why? "

"He came to kill the king." I looked at her and she simply stared up at the ceiling. "I told him everything, " I admitted. "I'm sorry."

"My boy is here... " she breathed. "He's going to his death..." a tear left her eye.

"No! " she looked at me. "Trust me, he is a very capable fighter, he can take down Rod easily." she shook her head.

"You don't understand..." more tears left her eyes. "Kenny is there."

-

(Third POV)

The captain and the princess entered the throne room where Rod was sitting on his throne, his crown in his hands playing with it. The two stopped.

"Stay here." Levi said to Historia and she nodded staying by the door.

Rod stood up and smiled placing the crown on his head.

"My children, " he started and Levi felt his heart stop once he said that. Disgust overwhelming him. "I'm so glad to see you again, Historia." he looked at the girl and then Levi. "And my son, I'm glad to finally see you. I've been looking for you for a long time." the king took a few steps forward.

"I'm aware." Levi pulled out his sword, ready to kill him before he could say anything else but Rod laughed.

"Put that thing away, you don't want the princess to die, do you? " Levi stepped to the side to look back, only to see Kenny holding a knife to Historias throat and a hand over her mouth.