9. James' Day

NINE

I would pause all of my moments spent with you to forever live in it because I know no one would ever make me feel that content besides you

Tears, giggles, and screams took over the whole of the place. Children filled in the spaces, having the time of their lives, and James is having the time of his life.

With the many things he could do there, it was like heaven for him.

He kept running around places, falling into his face occasionally, but most importantly, cheeriness won't leave his body as the place uplifted his serotonin.

If Kara was still a kid, she would too.

But, another person who doesn't seem to enjoy it as much was Harry. He had to follow the very active toddler around who doesn't seem to give any hint that he's tired.

"You go sit down, I'll take care of James," Kara told tired-looking Harry who still tried to catch his breath.

"Really?"

"Really." Kara nodded. "Just sit down, Harry."

"That child just wouldn't stop. It's like he has an endless supply of energy." Harry sighed.

"Yeah, it seems so." Kara chuckled. "C'mon Jamesie, what do you want to play now?"

"Ta!" James pointed at the big slides.

"Oooh, you need an adult to go there," Kara told the toddler. She crouched down to his height. "Can I join?"

The toddler gave Kara a toothy grin and eagerly nodded his head.

James immediately took hold of Kara's hand and dragged her to climb to the slide. For a two-year-old, James seemed to be quite a professional in the walking and running department.

Once they reached the top of the slide, James started to blabber all kinds of words that Kara couldn't decipher, even when she put on her concentrated look.

"Yeah James," Kara answered, not knowing what she just responded to.

James sat in between Kara. Before they slid, they saw Harry looking at them and James waved his hand at his father beamingly.

"Da. . . Da," said James, pointing at his father.

"Yes, it's your dada," whispered Kara, waving at Harry too.

Harry pulled out his camera and walked towards the slide.

"He's taking a picture of us James, c'mon, smile," said Kara.

Kara smiled at the camera and after the camera clicked, she looked at James. His eyes were shut as his cheeks were pulled due to how hard he was smiling, showing his tiny teeth.

Kara chuckled. "You can open your eyes now, dada has finished taking a picture of us."

James slowly opened his eyes but his smile never left his face.

"Are you ready?" Kara whispered to James.

The toddler nodded though he suddenly gripped Kara's index fingers tightly that she was sure if James was older, her fingers would break.

"It won't be scary, it'll be very fun. You'll love it, trust me."

James nodded once more.

"You can do it, James!" screamed Harry.

It seemed like Harry's words reassured the toddler because his grips loosened a bit.

"Let's slide Jamesie. One. . . Two. . . Three!"