scares (requested)

With tears blurring your vision and your heart pounding with worry and fear in your chest, you sat down in bed and shook Sana awake, practically pleading for her to wake up.

"Sana, something's wrong," you cried, and just like that, your girlfriend's eyes were open and wide and she was sitting up against the pillows and turning the lamp on.

The tears in your eyes and the way your hands were shaking in panic told her something was very wrong.

"Baby? What is it?" She asked as she cupped your cheeks and brushed her thumbs below your eyes, catching the tears falling from them as she tried to disguise how panicked she was becoming.

"I got up to go to the bathroom and I saw blood."

Your words caused her heart to drop in her chest.

"How much? A lot?"

"No but I'm still scared. What if something is wrong with them?" You cried as you looked down at your stomach.

Even though there was no bump just yet, it always brings a smile to both your faces knowing your little baby is growing day by day.

Sana keeps the picture from your first scan, which just happened a few days ago, right on the nightstand and in her wallet.

She's already so in love with them. So hearing you say those things scared her very much, just like they scared you.

"Okay. Let's get you to the hospital, just to be safe." She said as she got out of bed and grabbed your shoes and hers from across the room. "Are you hurting at all? Cramping or anything?"

"No." You mumbled. "But just the sight of the blood..."

"I know, darling. I understand. Everything's going to be fine. We're going to go to the hospital and we're going to get you all checked out. They're just fine, I promise."

You nodded and watched her slip her shoes on after tying yours on your feet.

You were both dressed in your pajamas, too panicked to even try to think about changing out of them.

To Sana, nothing mattered more than getting you and the baby checked out.

In the car, Sana just tried to comfort you, as well as herself, by speaking words of comfort and promises she feared deep down she might end up breaking. Such as promising you that everything was going to be fine and the cherry-sized baby you both adore so very much already might not be okay.

It was a scary thought. You both tried to keep your minds from going there, to that dark and terrifying place. But it was so hard not to when you continued to think about everything that might go wrong.

Pulling into the parking spot at the hospital, she got out of the car and then lifted you into her arms, carrying you inside to get you in there as fast as possible.

Sh frantically spoke to the nurse at the front desk, begging for help right that very minute, which you thankfully got.

It was a scary few minutes. When you left the house it was after two am and when the doctor nodded her head at you, it was almost three am.

You prepared yourself for the news you thought you'd get. Sana squeezed your hand tightly, holding it against her lips as a tear fell from her eye and onto your knuckles.

"Everything's okay."

You breathed out a sigh of relief, swearing you've never felt more thankful for weight to lift from your chest like that in all of your life, listening closely as the doctor told you that it was common.

"I know it's scary, but you're not bleeding heavily. There's nothing wrong, I promise you."

Sana rubbed your back as you leaned against her.

The doctor told you about how common it can be for spotting to happen around, telling you that it's much more common than people think.

But reminded you and comforted you even further by doing a quick scan, the quick beat of the tiny heart of your still small cherry-sized human telling you everything was okay.

She promised that everything would go on as normal, that this wasn't an early sign of anything to be concerned about.

"Don't be embarrassed about coming in or fearing you overreacted or anything of that sort, because I know just the sight of a few drops of blood is very scary. But you're both okay. You can rest well now knowing everything's going to be just fine. However, if you get scared and need to come back just for more reassurance, we'll be here to help bring you some peace of mind."

"Thank you so much." Sana smiled at the doctor, watching as she walked out before she kissed your head lovingly. "Hear that, my love? Everything's okay."

"I'm sorry. I scared you so much and it wasn't even anything to be scared about."

"Y/N, look at me," she whispered and sent you a small smile when you lifted your head and looked into her eyes.

"You're my girlfriend and you're pregnant with our baby. I care very much about both of you. I love you both. This was a scary situation. Don't be sorry about that."

You nodded and dropped your forehead against hers.

"I love you."

"I love you, both of you." She smiled and kissed you quickly before grabbing your things.

You exited the hospital a few minutes later and she started to drive home.

"We'll get some good sleep tonight."

"I don't know if I can sleep. I know everything's fine but I just feel like I can't sleep right now. Can we get some food, something sweet?"

"At almost three-thirty in the morning?" She joked.

"Yes!" You said, sticking your tongue out at her. "Please?"

"Happily, darling." She grinned and kissed your hand.

You smiled and stared out the window at the night sky and the street lights as Sana drove by them, so thankful that everything was just fine.