42

the hallway to the principal's room were crowded with poor souls who have been hurt by haerin.

"crazy," said mark as his eyes wander around the many students queueing up in front of the office.

just then, miss kim arrived with two officers following behind her.

"mark, jeno, can i have a quick chat with both of you?" called miss kim.

she directed the officers to lead the students inside the office. it took a few minutes for the hallway to be empty of students.

"will everything be okay, miss?" asked mark, worried. he felt like he was carrying a heavy weight on his shoulders. the only reason all of this is happening was because of him.

"don't worry. whatever happens during the investigation, i will not let her hurt any of the students and that includes both of you. i have faith in the detectives. i'm sure this will all be okay in the end." reassured miss kim.

mark's eyes diverted to the figure appearing through the hallway.

"miss kim," he called, making her turn around in an instant to look at the direction.

"is she the wife?" whispered jeno to mark. mark nodded just a few seconds before the lady took off her sunglasses and stopped before miss kim.

"good morning, mrs.jung. we apologize for calling you in such a short notice. please come-" but before miss kim could complete her invitation, mrs.jung was already making her way inside the office, leaving the three outside.

the whole time miss kim were talking, mrs.jung didn't even once looked at her. her eyes were instead busy glaring at mark, who were avoiding it at all costs.

"yikes," muttered jeno under his breath as soon as haerin's mother entered the office.

miss kim sighed, before leading the two boys inside.

the air inside the office was tense, blended with nervousness from the many students crowded in a small space. the principal was seated on one of the sofas, haerin on another and her mother sitting close to her, looking all elegant as if it wasn't at all intense in the room.

"mark and jeno, come sit with me." called miss kim, calling the two student representatives to sit next to her.

"for everyone's information, every other students will be guarded in the library throughout our investigation. this room itself will be guarded as well." said an officer, standing by one of the sofas in the room.

"if everyone is here, let's begin the investigation." said a detective, making his way to sit on one of the sofas, directly across the principal.

"let's not waste other people's time, shall we?" said haerin's mother sassily, finally taking off her sunglasses despite being in a well-lit room for awhile now.

the detective remained professional and continued, "the whole investigation will be recorded."

as he pressed the button on the recorder, the air became more intense than it already was.

"good morning, everyone. i apologize for taking your time in school today. i am detective moon taeil and i will be the one leading the investigation today. throughout the investigation today, we will confiscate all your electronic devices for privacy purposes. please cooperate with us and hand over all your electronic belongings." he said, as an officer went around the room with a big plastic bag in his hands, collecting everyone's mobile phones as well as some of their tablets.