Part 8

"Hey Nick can I ask you something" I say as I turn into the room as I tie my hair up into a messy bun, he turns to face me holding the phone up to his ear

"Yeah she's here one second" he whispers into the phone as he moves it from his ear and out to me "it's for you". Oh god I think to myself as I reach for the phone looking down at the no caller ID. Nick leaves the room as I slowly hold the phone up to me ear.

"What does it take to get a phone call from our little sister" a familiar voice laughs through the phone setting a big grin across me face.

"Well if it isn't my favourite twin" I joke back with a massive grin on my face

"Hey you're on speaking phone missy" I hear my other brother Blake shout making me laugh. Bryce and Blake the twins, the oldest of us 5. They like to think of themselves as the leaders.

"Ok Bryce might be your favourite twin but we all know that I'm your favourite brother" another familiar voice joins the conversation. I shake my head laughing as my eyes begin to water

"Will you wish" I argue back, Will is the 4th sibling and by far the smartest and he has extreme intelligence.

"Hey Y/N just remember who put all of your dislocated limbs back in" the last and final voice I waited for interrupted

"Guys you should know by know that I don't have a favourite brother, I hate you all equally" I poke back hearing them all scoff. It had been 9 months since I last spoken to any of them, they all stayed back in Australia to live normal lives. Nick offered us all a position at SHIELD but they all said no, they wanted to live a normal life after Hydra making up in their own ways for what we all did. "So what's the occasion for you all to be together?" I question knowing that I only get a phone call with them all together when they're celebrating something and want me to be there.

"Oh god" Bryce says

"She forgot" Shawn finished. Oh shit what did I forget?

"umm no, no give me a second" I say running toward the calendar on the wall "umm" I stare at it blankly as I don't even know what day it is "yeah call be a bad person I don't even know what day it" I sigh as they all laugh at me and I prepare myself.

"Y/N Fisher it's Pa's birthday" Blake yells

"OH SHIT" i yell back, I completely forgot. Our Pa and Nick are very close friends, they spent the 2 years trying to find and rescue us when SHIELD matched one of my brother DNA to him, a bit of blood may have been left on a mission. He saved us, it took him 18 years but without him we'd still be in here, without him I don't know what would have happened to us. He and our Nan opened up their home to us and we all became a family. And I had forgotten his birthday.

"It's ok we thought you would forget or well all of us did except Will" Shawn says

"Damnit" I hear will say

"Pay up buddy" Bryce interrupts

"Wow you all bet on me" I say in a lovingly tone

"Well we were all right, we got a present from you to give to him" Blake finishes and I laugh. What would I do without my brothers. They were my blood, my best friends, we went through it all together and got through it all together. It makes me happy knowing that we were all able to move on from it and live our own happy lives. They're all sorting out their lives, Will is studying law, he wants to become a judge. Will can see and speak to the dead, he can see one's future and past events, he has extreme intelligence and has intangibility, he wants to be able to give back by bring justice to the world, being about to see one's past events is helpful because he can see the truth himself. Blake is Paramedic, he has electricity control and manipulation, teleportation, absolute stamina and enhanced senses. He can hear a heart beat from the other side of the world, he always loved learning about how to asses injuries and deal with them. When you got hurt he wouldn't ask if you were alright he would ask if he could asses and clean you up. Bryce is a Detective, like Will he wanted to bring justice but he wanted to do hands on physical work, he was always full of energy and loved running. Bryce has element manipulation, shape shifting, invisibility and absolute stamina. And then there's Shawn, a teacher, kinda funny, he's a quick learner and he's always helped us learn the things we needed to in Hydra. He loves kids and was really good with Will and I as babies from what I saw. Shawn has enhance reflexes, weather manipulation, force fields and a life long memory, he remembers everything.

All of us went in kinda different directions, we were able to move past our past together and now we live for the lives we took. You rarely have a good day where you don't think about all of it but having each other is what the others didn't. We all want to make up for what we did even though we know nothing will ever make up for it. We don't talk about it though, on the rare occasion we'll make a joke but that's it, it's always there in our minds but it's a sensitive topic.

"Have any of you visited 7 or 23?" I asked about our other 2 friends that were with us, they're getting care, learning how to cope with the PTSD. SHIELD look after them. They don't have names because they don't have any biological family, our grandparents gave us our names. It was the start of moving on from our past, for them it's not as easy. Neither of them have siblings only us. We tried with names but it only overwhelmed them, all we ever knew was our number and all we ever knew was the world that Hydra told us existed.

"Yeah I went and visited them yesterday, 7's getting better. He slept for the first time without a nightmare the other night" Jacob replied, one of us would check in on them daily. Seeing our faces and how we were doing gave them hope. We all suffer the nightmares, not a night goes by. Non of us slept the first few weeks of being out but we've gotten used to them.

"That's good, I've still been sending them letters. 7 wrote back to me a few weeks ago and told me he had a deck of cards waiting for me to come play with him" I replied, being on missions so much I can't visit them very much so I write letters. I'm told that they both keep them in a box and read them quite frequently, every now and again I'll receive one. They're short but I love them.

"Ok we just wanted to call to check in on you" Shawn adds

"I miss you all"

"We miss you too, come home and visit after your mission, and bring Nick" Will continues making me laugh as my eye begin to water

"I will after this we'll come out, tell Pa Happy Birthday for me and I'll make room to call him later". We only celebrate Nan and Pa's birthday not our own, we don't believe it's something to celebrate. I mean what do you say Happy Birthday to me, it's the day I was born and sold to Hydra to become an assassin, trained and tortured my whole life to kill innocent people. woohoo.

"We will, don't push yourself too hard Y/N" Jacob says, I can hear in his voice that his eyes are watering too. It's hard not being able to be with them all the time but I'm happy that they have each other.

"I'll be there before you even know it. Love you all" I reply

"Love you too" they all say back as the line goes silent I blink letting the tear fall as I take a deep breathe, I love the phone calls I really do but it makes me miss them so much more.

I push the emotions down now needing to get this mission over and done with.