Part 1 - Episode 2

Kol watched in the shadows as Elijah dramatically uncovered the daggers and dismissed those Salvatory brothers. Honestly, he would rather just avoid the whole 'let's leave Niklaus and run off into the sunset'. Sadly, Kol has to witness his mother's lovely return and make sure his family does not suspect him of anything. Honestly, his family is way too paranoid for his liking.

Speaking of his family, Rebekah turned to nudge him. It is time to go face his dagger-happy brother. How lovely. Kol turned to speed in front of his brother. Last time, what did he say?

"Lovely to see you, Nik. Did you miss me?" He asked, a mischievous smirk adorning his face. Nope, that was not exactly what he had said. Oh well, last time he wasn't a time traveller either.

"Kol," His brother said, backing away from him cautiously, holding his hands up in front of him as if to placate him.

Kol smirked at him before observing as each of his family members greeted a very flustered Nik. Walking over to the other side of the room, he faced his brother as Elijah melodramatically explained his plan. Hearing the lovely plan laid out by Elijah, Nik threw a tantrum over how invincible he is, honestly, how arrogant is that guy? Then, right before a full-blown fight would have erupted, Ester walked through the door.

Kol flinched away from his mother, the memories of his interactions with her running in his head. Honestly, his entire family is bloody ridiculous. His own brother likes to shove daggers through his chest, he is flinching away from his own mother and his father has tried to kill them all for a millennia. How bloody perfect.

"Mother?" Rebekah gasped, surprised. Rightly so, given that Ester was supposed to be dead right now. Well, his darling mother never seems to stay dead. Whether it's now or two years from now. Ester ignores her daughter to instead walk towards Nik.

"Do you know why I am here Niklaus?" She asked, demanding Nik to look at her.

"To kill me," Nik said shamefully, as he honestly should be.

"No Niklaus, I am here to forgive you" She replied, turning to face all of us, "I want us to be a family again."

Liar echoed in Kol's mind. She isn't here to play happy family. No, she is a murder and liar.

Kol opened the door and stepped out of the house. Facing the falling sun, he walked along the sidewalk, looking for a good phone shop. Finding one, he entered it and quickly compelled the receptionist to give him a phone which had caught his eye. Walking out of the store with his new phone, he grinned. Reaching Nik's mansion, he quietly entered the house not wanting to alert his siblings of his presence. When he first woke up, he had been amazed by the advancements humans had made in a single century. When he and Davina had been together, they had so many funny photos of each other, he had to actually buy a new phone for her just for pictures.

Kols smile faded as he remembered his darling wife. Where was she now? Looking worriedly at his empty side of the bed? Tearing her hair out confused and fearful? Kol let out an angry scream and kicked the wall next to him as hard as he could. Well, there went coming in quietly. 

"What happened Kol? Some random girl rejected you?" Nik asked him mockingly, approaching him, "Losing your touch?"

"If this is the best insult you can give, then you're losing your touch" He shot back.

"Do you want to get daggered, again?" Nik asked, glaring at him.

Kol didn't bother responding, heading towards his bedroom instead. Tired, he was in no mood for dealing with his family.

"Where do you think you are going?" Nik demanded, speeding in front of him, "Is poor little you tired?"

"Acually yes, I am tired. Dealing with you people can take a lot out of a man, or a vampire" Kol responded, pushing his ridiculous brother out of his path and speeds to his room.

As Kol shut the door of his room, Rebekah appeared in front of Niklaus, an intrigued expression on her face.

"Since when does Kol get tired? In fact, when does Kol sleep so early?" She asked, curiously.

"Since now, apparently. I am sure he's fine. He is probably just throwing a tantrum because he was daggered. Kol has always been melodramatic and childish." Niklaus replied, however even he felt unconvinced. Truth was, the two of them had never known Kol that well. Always describing him as unpredictable and childish. In their gut, they knew Kol was acting off but couldn't pinpoint how or why.

"Is every alright children?" Esther questioned, appearing in front of her children. Finn was beside her, like a good little mother's pet. Finn was wearing a modern T-shirt and pants, obviously trying to adjust to this era. Ester however was wearing a dress that looked very much like the dresses she used to wear when they were all human. It seems like mommy dearest is finding it difficult to keep up with the times.

"Everything is alright mother" Niklaus replied, "Everything is perfectly fine"

"For now" Rebekah murmured ominously, knowing that almost everyone in the room could hear her.