Part 9

In this dream you are 4 years old

"Ok 27 this is Judy" a man in a white coats stands in front of me holding up a yellow Labrador puppy. "No we know you can use your soundwaves quite well but we need them to be stronger so we want you to send your strongest soundwave to him" he finished as he places the puppy on the table in front of me. He walks towards me using his key card to unlock the collar around my neck that blocks my powers. "Pet him" he says sternly, I stare at the first dog I've ever seen before reaching my hand out, he gentle licks me before I touch his soft coat "Good now do it 27"

I sit there continuing to stare at it as it stares back, "27! This mutt is not a pet it is going to help you become stronger. Didn't you say that you want to be stronger so your brothers and everyone else can have a break?" he questions.

I have no emotions in my eyes. I send a sharp soundwave to the dogs head causing it to whimper.

"Don't hole back 27" he pushes, I make the soundwave harder causing the dog to scream in pain as I watch it fall. It's screams echo through the room as it finally stops. The doctor stops his stop watch before checking the dog for a heart beat. "Right that took you 23 seconds, it's gonna have to be faster. Bring in another one" he orders as another man walks into the room with another puppy replacing it with the dead one. "Again 27, faster"

Again I send a hard sound wave to the dog, it whimpers as it falls, the screams become louder and then stop. The doctor signs "17 seconds, DON'T HOLD BACK 27!" he yells slamming his hand onto the table making me flinch

"I'm sorry" I whisper as I stare at the puppy

"You need a little push" he continues as he holds his finger up motioning to the mirror behind me to come in. "Hello 4, your sister is causing a bit of trouble and she needs to be punished because of it  would you help us with that" he questions as my brother stares at the dog on the table, he nods knowing he doesn't have a choice. "right then, bring another in" he demands as another puppy is placed on the table in front of me.

4's collar is unlocked and replaced with another, this one pierces into his neck . "27 when I say start you send a soundwave to that dog, once it's dead I turn off the collar around your brother neck" I sit there silently staring at the dog, I nod, they all know that one another are our weaknesses and threatening harm to anyone of us causes us to give in to anything. "Right then" suddenly 4 screams in pain and falls to the ground. I send a sharp hard soundwave to the dog making it scream instantly as it rolls around on the table. It suddenly stops and the only sound left is 4 screaming, the doctor looks at me. "See what you are capable of" he says as he turns off 4's collar, another man comes into the room dragging him out. "Now let's try something a little bigger" he smirks as a man is dragged into the room with his hands tied behind his back and his face covered. "No mercy 27" the mans screams echo getting louder and louder ringing in my head as he begs me to stop.

I jolt away sending heavy puffs out of my mouth trying to catch my breath. Looking around the room to see that I had fallen asleep whilst finish off my case files for my last mission

"Hey breath Y/N breath, you're ok" Nick says as he gently rubs my back. I put my head in my hands as I catch my breath.

"I'm sorry"

"No don't be sorry" Nick demands taking a seat next to me. "Nightmare?" he questions but already knows that answer as I nod

"One of the nicest trainings they did, " I reply as I breath normally again remembering that was when things were easy in there.

"do you wanna talk about it?" he asks but shake my head "ok but if and when you want to I'm here"

"I must of just dozen off" I say looking down at the paperwork

"yeah well you're human and you're sleep deprived" he snapped back fully knowing that I hadn't slept for a few days. "So Bryce tells me you haven't spoken to any of them in 9 months, only sent letter"

"Well when I'm on a mission I can't risk anything" I reply back as I begin to pull the file of paper together

"Y/N I'm about to say something and you just need to agree with it ok?" He asks giving me a weird look, I look him directly in the eyes"After this you need to take sometime off"

"No!" I snap

"Hey listen, I need you to trust me on this." He adds making me look at him confused, there's more he wants to say but can't, he sighs knowing he had to tell me or I'm not going to listen. "Look I'll put it simply, there's something or someone people now in SHEILD that I don't have control of. There's new beliefs and I need to keep you out of it" he finishes.

"Why are you making this sound like Hydra?" I question and the look on Nick's face gives me my answer. "Who?"

"No Y/N I need to keep you out of this"

"No but I don't understand I looked, we looked we searched for any other traces of Hydra and nothing" I let out in a panic of slight fear.

"Yeah well it appears that they've always been one step ahead. Look this is going to be a lot for you and I know you want to be involved in ending them and I will let you just once I know you and your brothers aren't going to be in any danger. Ok that's why you need to "take a brake" and go home. Keep an eye on them until I say so, ok?". I nod slightly looking at my hands as a million things run through my head.

"How long? How long have you known" I ask, the only question I want answered right now.

"The second you stepped foot on this ship small whisper began giving me my answer, why do you think I sent you away for 9 months?"

"How haven't I heard their thoughts"

"No Y/N you need to focus on Loki right now, don't go snooping just act like everything is normal ok?" He questions again as i nod still looking at my hands. "I'm really sorry kid, this was the last thing I wanted to happen to you but I'm gonna get you through this. Ok? Now only you and I know, no one else and it stays that way till we end it. Got it?"

"You're seriously asking me if I can keep a secret? Our whole hometown in Australia thinks we're all orphans" I add staring at my hand where the knife went through, I've always been a good secret keeper.

"Yeah you've all got those people wrapped around your fingers" he laughs slightly causing me to smile. Suddenly the door swings open.

"Sorry to interrupt, Y/N can I speak to you quickly" Tony says staring at Nick and I, I quickly stand up following him out of the room "there's a little something that I've been working on for you in room 22, be quick" Tony whispers proudly to me as we part ways. I know exactly where or should I say who we're going to see.