Chapter 33

Sunday Morning: 10:00 A.M

3rd Person POV

Tzuyu's mother's health had stabilized, but she was required to stay in the hospital. Jihyo and Tzuyu went home last night to feed Gucci and rest before returning to the hospital first thing in the morning to continue taking care of Tzuyu's mother. The oldest woman still found her daughter and future daughter-in-law's actions to be unnecessary.

Tzuyu's mother was able to convince Jihyo and Tzuyu to spend the day together instead of with her. Tzuyu was a bit hesitant but relented in the end. Jihyo thought it would be nice to spend some quality time together.

Jihyo and Tzuyu went home to gather some things for a picnic before leaving once again. They headed for a large popular park nearby where they knew that there would be a lot of people. They intertwined their hands as they took a walk around the park to look for a nice comfortable spot.

Jihyo and Tzuyu found themselves blushing when an old couple called them cute. They looked at each before giggling. They found a nice large tree that provided shade and looked over the pond. They set out their picnic blanket and set out a couple of other things before sitting down.

Jihyo rested her head on top of Tzuyu's shoulder. Tzuyu smiled before laying her head on Jihyo's head. Jihyo intertwined their hands before raising them and kissing the back of Tzuyu's hand. Tzuyu felt her heart skip a beat before reciprocating the action.

The two of them just gently caressed the back of each other's hands with their thumbs as they stared off towards the pond. The gentle breeze blew their hair in front of their faces. They giggled before pushing each other's hair out of the way and giving each other kisses on the cheek.

Even though they were sitting shoulder to shoulder, they could feel each other's warmth. The way their hearts beat for each other was ever so slightly evident, naked to others but not to them. There was just no need for words for them to really appreciate this peaceful moment together. A moment that they really needed after the events that have occurred recently.

"You know..." Tzuyu trailed off, "This reminds me of the dream I had recently. We had this beautiful home in the countryside. There was this large lake in front of it. We would escape there whenever we just wanted time to ourselves. We even worked on this cute little garden together. Our yard was so massive that Gucci had endless grass that he could run around on."

"That sounds... almost perfect," Jihyo replied softly, "All that is missing is our little kids running around with Gucci."

A wide smile formed on Tzuyu's face as she leaned down to place a chaste kiss on top of Jihyo's head, "God, that would be perfect. Just like you."

Jihyo bit her lip to stop herself from smiling widely, "How cheesy. If I am perfect, then you are flawless."

Tzuyu chuckled, "And you call me cheesy? Anyways, let's eat?"

Jihyo nodded her head before separating from Tzuyu. The two of them opened their food basket and unpacked everything. They decided to keep it simple and made sandwiches. They ate and laughed as they just enjoyed their time without worrying about their troubles.

They cleaned up after themselves before leaning against the tree that was providing them with shade. Jihyo tried to cover her mouth but let a yawn escape. Tzuyu giggled before guiding Jihyo to lie down on her lap.

Tzuyu started humming a song as she began to stroke Jihyo's head. Jihyo felt her eyelids become heavy as a comforting warmth enveloped her body. She tried fighting the urge to submit to her body's desire to sleep. She wanted to stay awake for as long as she could to spend as much time as she could with Tzuyu; but she ultimately failed. Her eyelids closed and she wandered off to dreamland.