13.

"WHY ARE YOU ALL RED?" Dora asked suspiciously, as Carina sat down across from her at the Gryffindor table on their first night back for the new year

"I've just been asked on a date."

Three things happened all at once. Her sister's jaw hits the floor, Charlie starts choking on his breakfast, and Percy lets out a startled grunt. Fred began to pat Charlie roughly on the back. Carina's face scrunched up in concern as she grabbed Charlie by the arm.

"Are you alright?" She asked in such a soft and oblivious tone that Charlie couldn't help but force a smile on his face.

"Yeah, yes, I'm fine," he fumbled.

Carina looked back to her twin, seeing that she still hadn't closed her mouth. Carina's face began to heat up all over again as she squirmed in her seat.

"He asked me to Hogsmede with him," Carina rushed out bashfully.

"And you're going?"

Carina flinches in shock as Dora, Percy, and the twins all speak at the same time. Charlie shakes his head and puts his arm around her shoulders as she regards them all with wide eyes.

"Ignore them. If you want to go out with this bloke, then... then you should go," Charlie smiles. The smile failed to reach his eyes. Carina's face contorted into a thoughtful expression, and he did his best to ignore the way everyone was looking at him in pity.

"I want to go. I've never been on a date before," Carina whispered hesitantly. His heart clenched in his chest.

Nymphadora immediately turned from incredulous to gentle. It was a side of her that only ever appeared for her sister. It was no secret that Charlie and Carina were practically joined at the hip, so few boys were brave enough to approach her. The few that found the courage often didn't make it past the Weasley's. It never occurred to Dora that maybe Carina wanted to go on dates.

"Then go," Dora encouraged. Charlie met her eye and quickly looked away at the challenge in them. "If he is brave enough to ask you out, then you should go with him. You won't be sixteen forever."

The pain in Charlie's chest deepened. He knew what she was saying. He was a coward, and now he was too late.

Carina smiled sweetly and tucked into her breakfast. Charlie's plate went untouched for the rest of the meal.

-

Hogsmede weekend fell on the same day as the Gryffindor versus Ravenclaw quidditch match. Carina had made sure to schedule her date for after the match, seeing as it was the twins' first year on the team and Charlie is the captain.

Dora helped her get ready for her date, which is how she ended up in the stands wearing a corduroy skirt over a pair of tights and a top she'd normally never pick out. Carina had been nervous to wear something as low cut as the white blouse from Dora's closet. The top of her lacy mustard bra was poking out, but Dora insisted that he would appreciate it.