14.

THE MORNING FOLLOWING HER FAILED ATTEMPT AT A DATE, CARINA SITS AT THE GRYFFINDOR TABLE FOR BREAKFAST

THE MORNING FOLLOWING HER FAILED ATTEMPT AT A DATE, CARINA SITS AT THE GRYFFINDOR TABLE FOR BREAKFAST. Dora takes a seat beside her, looking around the table. Carina gathers some eggs onto her fork, pausing as her sister turns to her in question.

"Where's Charlie?" Dora yawns.

"Hospital Wing," Fred and George drawl. Carina's fork slips from her fingers, and she gapes at them.

Her voice is shrill when she says, "He's where?"

"He got into a fight," Percy scoffs, glancing up from his muffin. She doesn't hear anything else they're saying as she jumps from the bench and races out of the Great Hall.

She makes it to the Hospital Wing in nearly under a minute. When she shoves the door open, her eyes immediately land on Charlie.

His nose is broken by the looks of the bruising and the blood. His knuckles also wear plenty of bruising.

"Rina..." Charlie holds his hands up cautiously at the sight of worry furrowing her brow.

"Don't tell me you're fine, Charlie," she interrupts, wide eyed. "I see blood."

"It looks worse than it is."

She stands rigid in the doorway still, blinking at him owlishly. He watches her fingers twitch, and he knows she's resisting the urge to dote on him. Carina has always been a worrier.

Sighing, Charlie scoots over in the cot. He pats the space next to him, "Come here."

She shoots to his side and examines his face closely. Her hands hover in front of her, like she's fighting the urge to touch him.

"What happened?"

"Just a little disagreement," Charlie grunts when she gives in and touches his face lightly.

Carina glares at him. He can't help but smile at the way she's trying to look menacing. He takes ahold of her hands and lowers them gently, before pulling her into his side.

She allows him to tuck her under his arm and rest his chin on her head.

"I'm still upset with you," she says matter-of-factly. "A fight, Charlie?"

"Sorry, doll," Charlie mutters into her hair. "Needed to get my point across."

She pokes him in the side, making him flinch away from her slightly.

"What you got is your nose broken," Carina snarks.

"You should see the other guy," Charlie chuckles, earning a huff from Carina.

Before she can say anything else, Madam Pomfrey comes over. She hands Charlie a potion with a disapproving look.

"This should fix your nose, Mr. Weasley. I suggest you clean your face up and refrain from anymore fist fights."

He nods and downs the contents of the glass vial. Carina stands up from his cot, and he follows. They're heading for the door when Carina spots a familiar face looking worse for wear in one of the other beds.

Charlie sucks in a breath when he realizes Carina's seen the other guy.

Ian avoids her gaze.

Carina whips her head around toward Charlie, her jaw hanging open. He puts an arm around her shoulder and begins to lead her out of the Hospital Wing. Ignoring her protests, he keeps walking them to the Great Hall.

"Charlie."

"Come on, Rina. I'm starving," he groans. Carina digs her heels into the ground and yanks herself from his hold. He sighs when she crosses her arms and gives him a stubborn look.

"Fine," he huffed in frustration. "He made you cry."

"I don't need you to punch everyone that makes me cry, Charlie," she cries, throwing her hands out in exasperation. "I'll be fine."

"No one gets away with making you cry. Not while I'm around," Charlie's voice is hard. "I'm not sorry, and I'd do it again."

Carina's eyes widen at the admission, but Charlie simply tucks her back under his arm.

"Breakfast time, doll."