chapter fourteen

TW: murder, torture, metion of adultery, kidnapping, graphic description of crime scenes, animal murder, mention of snuff films, biblical killings, mention of guns, mild language, police presence.

revelations, part one of two.

" every saint has a past and every sinner has a future. " - oscar wilde.

-

Since his arrest in Chicago, Derek had been trying to pretend that it never happened, so she followed suit, but not before telling him that she was there for him if he were to ever need it. He'd smiled, and given her another hug, but never mentioned it again. They had gotten a lot closer since then, hanging out after work - sometimes even before work, meeting up earlier to grab coffee and a bite to eat before they went into Quantico. As much as she enjoyed it, she was scared. Derek Morgan was, as Garcia so eloquently put it, a piping hot slice of perfection, and as much as Genevieve hated to admit it, he was one of the best people she knew. She didn't want to catch feelings and be stuck in an awkward position of pining for the man she worked with - who knows how it would affect their work environment. But, for now, she had bigger things to worry about.

The team had been called into Georgia to deal with what they thought had been a team of bible-obsessed Unsubs who seemed to be killing those he viewed as sinners. But, it had gone sideways faster than they could have imagined. Their team consisted of one fearful, and organised Unsub, who phoned 911 before the initial murders, and one disorganised, violent one, who went by Raphael, and a third person, who they really had no information on. Soon, Garcia had uncovered that the videos of murders that had been posted onto the internet and were getting millions of streams and downloads. The video helped them develop the theory that one of the Unsubs was someone in the technology industry, and worked as a technical assistant, gaining remote access of his client's computers and cameras. When another woman - one who had been cheating on her husband, went missing, it proved that there was only one Unsub, contradictory to what they had previously thought, and the Unsub has Disassociative Identity Disorder, and who they had perceived to be three Unsubs was really just three separate personalities. Gideon had also speculated that given the biblical nature of the killings, Raphael's personality was the result of some delusion about the Unsub being an archangel.

While Derek and Genevieve had gone to check out the crime scene of the kidnapped woman, Hotch had sent Spencer and JJ out to interview a potential witness. Although the second video revealed a trio of dogs who had been registered in Animal Control due to their aggression issues, which traced back to their Unsub, Tobias Hankel, coincidentally, the witness that JJ and Spencer had gone to see, without back-up, or even the notion that Tobias was anything but an innocent man.

So, the team along with the best officers the sheriff could pull together in five minutes raced to Tobias Hankel's house.

+++

"Genevive, there's a barn around the back. Take Morgan to check it out," Hotch barked, gesturing for Emily, Gideon, and the officers to follow him into the house.

"Alright, Derek you loop around from the back, see if you can see any sign of JJ and Spence, I'll go through the front," She said as the two drew their guns and approached the huge barn. He tapped her shoulder to show her that he understood, and took off from her side, jogging around the side of the barn.

"No sign of Tobias or Mrs. Douglas in the house," Emily announced over the comms. She had transitioned into the team pretty well - everyone found her likeable, except for Gideon, who wasn't her biggest fan, and she was an undoubtedly good agent, and a surprisingly good profiler given how new she was.