#1| Chef's Special

Hey blossoms! It's been a long ass time, I hope all of you are safe and in the best health. Thank you so much for 500K reads, I screamed when I saw we'd reached such a huge milestone. No words can ever express how grateful I am for such an amazing group of readers, you're amazing and I love you!

Nora

I pushed the files towards the person sitting in front of me, biting back a smirk, watching his eyes roam over the contract, his face losing colour. The bastard thought he'd outsmart me. Pity he overestimated himself too much. One thing I'd learnt all through my business life was to always consider your opponent much, much stronger than you, and prepare according to that. Pride was the biggest enemy in my field.

"You- you cheater!"

"Cheater?" I chuckled. "Turn to page five, Mr Lanch. You'll find your signature there. It isn't my fault you didn't read the whole document."

"You're a liar. All of you." He spat out, getting up. "This is outrageous!" He gripped the contract in his hand, tearing it apart. "I don't accept this."

I raised an eyebrow, looking beside me. Kyle nodded, pushing another file in front of him. "We have exactly seventy three copies of those. How many do you want to tear off?"

"This was not written in the original contract-"

"You have the original contract." I said in a cold voice. "Call up your lawyer and ask him to check."

"You bitch-"

"Enough." There was a booming voice by the door to the conference room. Loud enough to mute us all. Powerful enough to make me shiver. "You will not talk to any of my employee that way."

I couldn't help but smile as Nicolas walked into the room, buttoning up his blazer. His suit consisted of black slacks and a black dress shirt, the tie matching his eyes. He held enough power to shake the entire room as he walked in front of the man, eyeing him with enough distaste to make Kyle chuckle beside me.

His eyes were seething as he leaned down. "Call my fiancée a bitch again, and you'll be on the streets by the time the sun goes down. I can be very cruel, Jackson, especially when it comes to her."

"I didn't ask your fiancée to negotiate. It isn't my fault!" He shouted. "You all are a bunch of-"

"You will hold a press conference today." Nicolas said, ignoring his accusation. "You will inform the press that you lost the agreement, and that you're handing over your company to me." He raised an eyebrow as if daring him to challenge.

"I will do no such thing. You-"

"Kyle," He said, still looking at Jackson. "Call Greyson. Tell him we're moving to court."

"You can't do that-"

"Watch me." Nicolas looked so intimidating even I wanted to shrink away. His eyes were storming, yet beautiful like always. My chair made a sound as I shifted in my seat, clenching my thighs together, because the way he was turning me on was painful. His gaze snapped to me, and I froze like a deer caught in headlights. They lowered to my legs, and a small smirk adorned his lips.

"We will wait." He broke the silence, looking away. "We'll move to court if you don't hold the conference today. So that's all the time you have."

"This is not fair!" Jackson cried out. "Please-"

"Fair?" Kyle stood up. "You wanna talk fair? Where was your fairness when you stood in court against me knowing I did nothing wrong?"

Jackson stopped short, furrowing his eyebrows. Realisation dawned in his eyes when he observed him closely, "You- Charlie's brother."