60-Dangerous Combination

2.2k words
༻✦༺

Maul's POV
The first thing that Rex said when I told him about his best friends fate, after having a small breakdown, was 'tell me what I need to do'. Granted, I had no idea what he could possibly do to help me in that moment. But once I told him what Kenobi was asking of me - it was him who came up with this plan.

I was nervous about it, there was a lot at risk; Kenobi escaping for real, and the possibility of Rex not making it out alive if that snake got the upper hand. Vader and (y/n) both would fucking kill me if either of those came true, and can you imagine what they would do if both came true under my watch? I'd be chained up to the wall in Kenobi's place.

Which is one of the reasons why I've been freaking out after not hearing back from Rex in nearly ten minutes. One, I actually find him to be tolerable, and two, I like me and I'd rather keep the limbs I have left.

"Rex, are you alright?" I spoke through the com-link for the hundredth time. I waited nervously for a response, and when I didn't get one - my worry increased, "Rex, If you're fucking dead I swear to the gods; once the Emperor kills me for getting you killed and letting Kenobi go - I'm going to search for you in the underworld, and then beat your ass." I threatened through clenched teeth.

As soon as I was about to speak again after more silence, I heard a deep chuckle through the small speaker, "The Emperor was right, you really are dramatic."

"You scared the hell out of me," I quickly sighed with relief at the sound of Rex's voice, "Is Kenobi dead?"

"Nearly," I heard the sound of groaning and choking through the com, "It was a shot to the chest, he has about a minute left until he's gone, but never mind that." The com went dead for a moment, then it picked back up again, "I'm sending you the coordinates that he had placed inside of the the GPS, meet me there as soon as you can. I'll need your help getting that droid from the rebels."

I nodded as I jogged to the ship I already had prepared for me, "On my way now, and can you do me a bit of a favor?"

"What's that?" He asked curiously.

"Please record him dying, I would love to have the opportunity to watch."

He chuckled, "I was already planning on it, I'm sure Anakin will want to see it too."

"Perfect," I ended the link, and began to rush up the ramp, but I paused at the sight of an annoying inconvenience in my pilot seat, "What are you doing here you snippy bit- or whatever they call you?" I folded my arms over my chest with a sigh.

She raised her brows as she crossed one of her legs over the other, "I saw you let Obi-Wan leave, what the hell is going on here?"

"None of your business, now move before I throw you out of here." I threatened with a huff.

She shrugged, a smirk appearing on her lips, "Go ahead, I'll just place a little call to Anakin," She lingered her finger on top of her com-link, threateningly, "And let him know what I just witnessed."

I sighed in annoyance as I tapped my foot impatiently; I didn't have time for this, "It was just a trick to gain some small intel. Rex was on that ship with him, and he got coordinates to find your old Masters droid."