CHAPTER XXI

The next day after they found out the true identity of Lydia, they all gathered at her house and confronted her.

"Fine....I may be the author..."

She admitted grudgingly, averting her gaze.

"What do you mean maybe?"

"It means I didn't intend to write this book.....it was just to pass time and in some ways to escape from reality."

"Then do you know how we got here?"

"I think rather than worrying about that you should worry about what would happen to you."

"What do you mean?"

"That....let me begin by explaining things I bet. I feel I at least owe you all of that for not coming clean beforehand and deceiving you even though it wasn't my intention."

They all sat at a huge round table in her private garden that her father gifted her with on her 17th birthday, with everyone looking at her.

"I do remember everything from my past. I grew up as an orphan slave who was sold from one place to another...." Gritting her teeth, her face hardens, her eyes that were flashing memories flickered and clouded, "it was hell. Abused.....even raped....repeatedly until I was sold off as a dancer at a brothel. Even though dancers have the protection of the brothel they belong to....however, it wasn't the same for me. I was still harassed, beaten, starved, and locked away. My sole way of escaping was to write imaginary stories where I would dive deep into the fantasy world, the world of my imagination. This book was the first-ever proper book I was writing. But before I could finish it, madam...I mean my owner found it and beat me nearly to death. Not for writing this book but because she was suspicious that I was planning to marry her husband and take over all the wealth after killing her. Even though it wasn't true. She tore this book in front of me and left me to die. As I waited for my death since I knew no one was going to help me, I looked up at the moon. Coincidentally it was a full-blood super-moon that night. I, for the first time, broke down and cried about all the regrets in my life....and my last thought was about how the characters in books are so happy, living a fairytale life....if only I was a mere storybook character with a happy ending. That's when I died and woke up as Lydia. I was ecstatic. I decided to live this life as a happy life by fulfilling all my wishes. Therefore....I apologize if I didn't seem too keen on finding a way to go back. I don't wish to go back to that life."

She gave a bittersweet smile. Silence spread. Everyone felt sentimental after hearing her story. How could one live like that?

"...Lydia..."

Rhea spoke however she closed her lips since she did not know what else to speak. Should she say she feels sorry for all that she had to go through? Listening to her story made her feel sad? Before she could even decide on what to add, Lydia spoke up,

"Anyhow, that's the gist of it. I would like it if none of it mentions it again in front of me. For now, there are some important details you need to know. Yes, the blue moon is connected to how you came here. When you died, there was a blue moon along with the feelings also play an important role."

"Feelings?"

"The characters in this book are soulless. They are merely acting like how they are supposed to according to the book. You may even call them hollow shells. At the time you died, the feelings that you felt resonated with the innermost feelings of these characters. That's how your soul is connected to your respected body. And Rhea, I am sorry to say but this is your life now. There's no going back."

"I have figured that out already....still thank you for sharing."

"Yes, we appreciate it."

"I'm sure it wasn't easy to talk about your past."