Chapter 37: Attack On Arthur Weasley

Fred's POV:
I had a really peaceful sleep, Y/n was wrapped in my arms, I was holding her tight. That's when a light turned on. I squinted my eyes and sat up. Y/n, George and Lee all sat up.

"Who would wake me up at 2:00am" y/n nearly yelled.

"It's me" I heard Ron say. "McGonagall is waiting for us in the common room with Ginny"

"What's going on" I asked as me and my girlfriend crawled out of my bed, I put my slippers on and y/n did the same.

"It's dad" Ron sounded panicked "he's been attacked. Now come on"

The 5 of us rushed out of the room and into the common room to see Ginny in her dressing gown and McGonagall in her pyjamas.

"What's going on Professor" asked George. We all shared a panicked look to one another.

"Your father has been attacked, Harry saw it in a vision. Professor Dumbledore is sending you home." She said oddly calmly. "Come on Weasley's. Let's go"

We all made our way to the common room door. Including y/n and Lee. But McGonagall had soon stopped us.

"Y/l/n, Jordan. I'm sorry you both have to stay here. It's a family matter" McGonagall said sympathetically. I knew I needed y/n with me.

"But Professor" y/n started.

"I'm sorry miss y/l/n. Like I said it's a family matter"

"But she is basically family. Please Professor" I pleaded. I couldn't leave y/n without a fight.

"Fine. She can come to Dumbledore's office. But if he says she can't go, she can't go. Do I make myself clear?"

We all nodded. We all said our goodbyes to Lee before we crawled out of the portrait hole. I felt y/n take my hand a squeeze it slightly.

"It will be okay Freddie" she whispered.

"But lovey. What if it's not"

"Don't say what if to me. It will be okay" she said as we pulled me into a hug. Her short arms couldn't reach around me but I love the idea that I'm loved.

We finally made it to Dumbledore's office. We walked in to see that Harry was standing in the middle of the room, he had a ring of sweat on his top. We all stood in the doorway waiting for Dumbledore to instruct is.

"Ahh Weasley's please take a seat. You too please miss y/l/n, I'd expect you to come" he said. For a moment I thought that y/n would leave. We walked over to a corner. There was too seats. Ginny sat in one and I offered y/n the other. She sat down and I put my hand on her shoulder. She looked just as panicked as me.

"Harry — what's going on?" asked Ginny, who looked frightened. "Professor McGonagall says you saw Dad get hurt"

"Your father has been injured in the course of his work for the Order of the Phoenix," said Dumbledore, before Harry could speak. "He has been taken to St. Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries. I am sending you back to Sirius's house, which is much more convenient for the hospital than The Burrow. You will meet your mother there."

"Can y/n come too?" I asked desperately. Dumbledore looked into my eyes and probably saw the panic in them. He turned around and pondered for a second.

"I suppose so, she can go" Dumbledore's said. I let out a huge sigh of relief. I glanced down at y/n who had a similar expression.

"How're we going?" I asked, I could tell I was looking shaken. "Floo powder?" I assumed.

"No," said Dumbledore, "Floo powder is not safe at the moment, the Network is being watched. You will be taking a Portkey." He indicated the old kettle lying innocently on his desk. "We are just waiting for Phineas Nigellus to report back ... I want to be sure that the coast is clear before sending you"