Part 40

"School's gonna be fun."

-----------------------------------------------------------

Izuku stared at the dashboard of their car. "Problem child, go." Aizawa said.

"why can't I just drop out? I'd do fine with online school. I don't need to go to UA, I could just-"

"we're not having this conversation.", Aizawa said sternly.

"Why not? I have a right over this stuff-"

Aizawa clutched the steering wheel. "Kid, I'm your father. I know what's best for you and you need to listen to me. You need school-", Izuku faced his dad. "You don't always know what's best for me, just because you're my dad doesn't mean you know every bloody thing about me, trust me you haven't even scratched the surface." Aizawa clenched his jaw. "Izuku go now."

"I'm not going. I just- can't.", Aizawa groaned, "you missed three weeks, if you miss more then you'll be pulled back", Izuku rolled his eyes, "I don't care about being pulled back, I don't even want to go to school."

"But you need to. Izuku you need to be with kids your age, you need to socialize. You need to be with your friends-", Izuku looked down. "I will not be made the centre of attention again. I will not be pointed at everywhere I go like I'm a something to marvel or ridicule, I can't take anymore of that. I'm not a spectacle." Izuku said and manually unlocked his car door before stepping out into the empty parking lot, walking away with his good arm holding onto his backpack and his bad arm in a sling.

He got 5 steps away before his dad swung an arm around his shoulder and dragged him to the entrance of the school. Izuku got out of his grip and backed away.

"I'm not going!" He yelled "yes, you are!"Aizawa yelled back.

"No I'm not! Dad I can't take the attention! I'm not some charismatic, overhyped, invincible hero and I can't take it.", Izuku pleaded with his dad but his plea fell on deaf ears as Aizawa wrapped his scarf around Izuku's good arm. "Come." he said dismissvely.

"No."

Izuku pulled back causing Aizawa to halt in his movements. "Why won't you just listen to me?", Aizawa asked, "why won't you listen to me!?"

"BECAUSE YOU ARE GETTING HURT! YOU'RE GETTING HURT EVERY TIME YOU LEAVE MY SIGHT AND IT ISN'T GONNA HAPPEN AGAIN!" Izuku stood still and watched his father who took a deep breath and continued.

"UA is the one thing that can protect you and keep you close to me at the same time, so you're going to school whether you like it or not" Aizawa wrapped the capture gear around Izuku's chest, making sure to leave his bandaged stomach alone. When he tugged on the scarf he felt no resistance so that's how they went to class that day, only, they avoided the crowded hallways. Aizawa was being selfish but he wasn't going to make it any worse than it had to be by walking through the corridors filled to the brim with judgmental teenagers.

Izuku looked at his feet and tried to ignore the whispers and hushed rumors about him.

"I heard he beat Stain on his own"

"Why do you think he's even coming to school, does he want to one-up all the other students since he already knows everything?"

"He's lowkey hot"

"If he got hurt that bad then how good do you think he really is."

"I bet I can take him, he doesn't look like much"

"What I'd give to be him"

Izuku tugged on Aizawa's sleeve, he turned back and saw his son close to tears. He pulled him faster to the staff room and brought him into a hug.

"I'm sorry but there's no other way.", he whispered, Izuku tensed and pulled away, instead choosing to lay down on the couch. Aizawa grit his teeth and sat on the ground with his head in his hands. Soon the bell rang and about 5 minutes later they walked through the deserted hallways to class.

When they entered the class, whispers erupted all around. "Shut up, Izuku go take your seat", Aizawa said and pushed his son to his desk. Izuku sat down and Aizawa gave them a run down on the upcoming exams.

"There are two parts to it, the physical and the written bit. Study hard for the written exam because for the next few weeks that's all you'll be doing along with brutal heroics 101. We won't be going easy on you just because you're first years." Aizawa smirked "have fun suffering Problem children." everyone shuddered but Izuku just stared out of the window, not bothering to listen to the following details.

*Timeskip to lunch*

The bell rang and half the class basically teleported to Izuku's desk, but they were quickly shooed away by Iida who said Izuku looked like he wanted his space, which he did. When Shoto asked him whether he was having lunch with them Izuku declined, saying he wanted to be alone for the time being, Shoto respected that and pushed Hitoshi away who had just walked into class, Katsuki sent Izuku a curious glance but left with the so called "Bakusquad"

Izuku sighed and took his box of fruit to the roof where he slumped against the wall and pulled his knees to his chest, leaving his unopened lunch box on the cold concrete.

The door opened and a few second years came through it, they saw Izuku's figure and decided to do probably the worst possible thing.

"look it's jAdE.", Rumiko mocked and approached Izuku. "Hey, did you really beat Stain?", Kazuya held Rumiko's shoulder to pull her back and it worked until Izuku murmured a quiet, "leave me alone", which triggered Rumiko.

She didn't like to be told what to do so she shrugged off Kazuya's restricting hand and crouched down before Izuku. "You think I'll listen to you?! You spoiled little hero course brat!", she pulled Izuku by his shirt and slammed him against the wall, Izuku didn't even wince when Rumiko squeezed his injured hand.

"I asked you to leave, could you do that please?" Izuku asked while staring at the ground. Rumiko wasn't having any of it and pushed her forearm against Izuku's neck, choking him slightly.

"Who the fuck do you think you are!?" Izuku sighed. "Please just leave. If you'd like then I'll leave instead." he said. Rumiko punched his stomachache and Izuku's eyes twitched as he felt the stitches break. "Rumi come on, that's enough. We'll get into trouble", Kazuya pleaded, he seemed to be the only one with sense.

"I'm sorry about inconveniencing you but I'd rather I didn't die of blood loss so could you let go, I need to get to the infirmary." Izuku said without emotion again, blood staining his white shirt rapidly due to the deep wound on his stomach.

"What the fuck!?!" Rumiko leapt back and pushed Kazuya to the door. "We need to help him!", Kazuya said but the gen-ed second year just pulled him to the door, soon they were gone.

Izuku stumbled to the door but with every movement he made, his head would spin and he'd end up on the ground with his vision going in and out. After moving about 10 feet he gave up and pushed the SOS button on his tracker.

"That's twice now, guess I am weak..."

He rolled onto his back and stared at the blue sky. Soon his eyes closed even after fighting it and he lost consciousness.

"IZUKU!"