SIXTY EIGHT

SUCCESS

River grimaced as she crawled through the sewer, she wished that she didn't feel like she had to prove a point now that she was crawling through shit.

"Hey, Ri, you find anything yet?" JJ shouted to the girl, he didn't exactly like her going in there on her own, but when he told Kie to go with her, she simply refused.

"Shit load of nothing." River shouted back, hoping that they could hear her.

"The gun?" JJ shouted again, he wanted her to find the gun and then get out as soon as possible.

"Once again, JJ, I got a shit load of nothing." River responded loudly.

She looked up to where the gun fell from the drain, wondering where the fuck it had gotten too. They needed that gun to bring home John B and Sarah, which was the only reason that she was here searching through the sewers.

"This is fucking disgusting." River grimaced as moved around through peoples litter. "Oh and that's a rat." She quickly gripped onto the ladders and moved out of the rats way so that it could swim past her.

"Cross, did you find the gun?" Pope shouted, making River clench her jaw. She still hasn't had any luck in finding the gun.

"Not yet." River snapped back. "I want some fucking grovelling done when I get back." She shouted as she noticed the water beginning to rise. "Pope, is this water meant to be rising?"

River's eyes widened as she watched the water rush down to where she was. Her heart started racing as she frantically searched for the gun, she wasn't leaving this drain until she had it.

"RIVER! Get out of there now." Pope shouted back.

"Fuck." River grabbed the gun and quickly began to climb the ladders.

She placed the gun in her waist band as she tried her hardest to push the drain up so that she could climb out, but it was too heavy for her.

"I'm gonna die." River lightly chuckled as she thought to herself. "I'm going to die surrounded by human shit."

"Hey angel, we're here." JJ reassured the girl, placing his fingers over hers. He could see how much she was panicking and that hurt him. "We're gonna get you out, okay?"

River took a small glance down and saw that the water was now up to her chin, she wouldn't be able to last much longer. Tears brimmed her eyes as she took one last breath before being submerged by the water.

"Ri?" JJ panicked once he couldn't see or hear her anymore. "Hurry the fuck up." He snapped towards Kie and Pope as they pulled up the drain.

He moved it to one side and grabbed River, pulling her into his chest. River limply rested against the boy, listening to his racing heart.

"Baby, are you okay?" JJ whispered gently, as the girl began to violently cough.

River didn't say anything, instead she lightly tapped his arm three times, silently telling the boy that she was okay. She just needed a minute to come around.

"Did you get the gun?" Kie questioned impatiently. "Or was this all just a waste of time?"

Pope looked up towards Kie in disgust. They could have just lost River and all she was thinking about was the gun. Sure, he understood that the gun meant that John B and Sarah could come home, but River nearly died.

"Give her a minute, Kiara." Pope snapped. "She has just nearly died."

River chuckled as she reached into her waist band and pulled out the gun with a smirk. She placed her middle finger up and showed Kie as JJ took the gun and wrapped it in a bandana.

"I could kiss you right now." JJ smiled happily.

"I wouldn't recommend it." River chuckled as Pope helped the girl stand up. She wrapped her arm around his bicep and steadied herself.

JJ glanced over to the pair, he was glad that River had Pope, especially when he was being a dick towards her and cut her off. He was glad that Pope wasn't like Kie and didn't cut River off.

"We need to get the gun to Shoupe, J." River glanced towards the boy, who seemingly hadn't taken his eyes off of her yet.

He ran his tongue over his bottom lip and shoved the gun into Kie's chest. The brunette seems startled by the gun now in her hands but JJ didn't seem to care.

Instead, he wrapped his arms tightly around River and pulled her into his chest. He was more than thankful that she was okay. He felt like he could cry just because of how happy he was. The girl was alive and safe.

River wrapped her arms tightly around his waist and buried her head into the crook of his neck. She felt safe with him.

"I'm glad you're okay." He whispered softly into her ear, making the corner of the girls lips curled upwards into a smile.