XLV: Ring [M]

L I S A

Jennie and I went to the nearest Cartier shop to buy her a ring. She is so excited, and she is like a kid looking for a toy right now. She's looking at all the rings Cartier has, and I know she'll have trouble deciding later because she saw so many lovely engagement rings.

I'm just sitting on the couch, watching her search for a ring.

Minutes later, she went to me while cutely pouting. I smiled at her and grabbed her right hand to pull her closer to me.

"You can't choose?" She nodded. I stood up from the sofa and pecked her lips before I looked for the right ring for her.

I went in front of the counter, where a lot of engagement rings can be found. Jennie clung to my arm and glared at the staff waiting for me to choose a ring.

I pointed at a simple ring with a diamond on it. I turn around to look at Jennie, and she is glaring at all the staff looking at me.

"Stop glaring at them; they're just looking at me because they're helping me." She looked at me, and her eyes softened. She kissed me on the cheek and smiled widely.

"Here is your ring, Ms. Manoban," the staff told me.

"Do you want to wear it now or—" Nini cut me off.

"I want it now." She immediately wore the ring, which made me chuckle.

I paid for the ring with my black card, and Jennie dragged me out of the store as soon as I did.

She ordered me to get inside her car, and she went to the driver seat. I buckled my seatbelt, and she drove her car at full speed.

Oh my Jisoos! This ride is a trip to heaven!

"Jen, why are you driving so fast?!" I held the handle grip tightly and did a sign of the cross.

She didn't respond, and I gulped as she turned around.She did a drift, and I can see our tires smoking and marking the road.

I don't want to see anyone on the other side of the world yet.

When she slowed the car down, I breathed a sigh of relief. I leaned my head against the window and closed my eyes.

"We're here." she informed me as she walked down the driveway.

"Why does she appear to be in a hurry?" I wondered.

I flinched when she knocked on the car window, telling me to get out of it. I took a deep breath before I got out of her car.