Chapter 7

The first wave of heat hits me and I curse. Rushing outside in the open.

The cold winds hit the beads of sweat covering my forehead, giving me a temporary relief. While I clench my stomach which was churning in pain.

I have waited too long....Volkan will not be coming.

Shifting to my small brown wolf which was the mere size of a fox, I rush out into the lush green garden not caring about anything anymore.

Determined to reach the forest.

My claws heavy and body staggering with pain, but I don't stop.

It was do or die today.

Merely 5 minutes into the forest and the howls of wolves start echoing around me. Making adrenaline to rush in my veins.

Determination to save my virtue , was unfathomable today and I was going to prove it to him.

Another wave hits ,stronger this time and I scream.

My scent emerging around me like waves of pleasure , hitting the unmated wolves.
They growly again and this time I could feel their heavy paws following.

2..3 or maybe more.

I couldn't determine, too lost in just looking ahead and running.

2 minutes into the chase and I could see them coming closer, barring their teeth at me like starved savages.

My hinge legs were shaking with the amount of energy draining from my body , my snout running dry and vision blurring.

"Come on ! You can't stop! Come on!"

I continue running, the borders finally become visible to me and a new hope rises in my chest.

Yes Thora! We can do it!

It was not a good idea crossing Volkan's borders as rogues were worse than pack wolves but still, this was the only way to loose the ones on my trail right now.

And I could do anything for it.

They were just a few feets away from me, when I leaps over the fenced borders.

"Sh**!"

I feel the pointed wires on it slashing past my wolf belly, and I hold in a painful whine.

Not stopping.

The growls echoed in a distance, inside the borders and I sigh in relief.

I was safe,atleast for now.

Looking around I find deadly forest surrounding me, it's silence suffocating , yet my only solace.

Looking up at the moon, a low painful whimper came from my wolf as she realised it was just 15 minutes into the heat and we still had the entire night ahead of us.

My highlighted senses managed to hear running water near by.

And that's when a brilliant idea strikes my mind.

The water....it can cover scents...what if it can also cover heat to some extent?

Plus I was really thirsty.

With tired limbs,I struggled to move towards the stream.

Vary of every little noise, coming around me.

30 minutes into the rogue lands.

And I sees it finally. A river flooding with water.

Jumping into it, my wolf form immediately freezes under the - ve temperature of the water.
My brown coat darkening as my body shivered.