"you saved me" (requested)

"So what should we do next?" You asked Yeji as you walked through the city hand in hand.

She was looking around at everything near you and spotted a little restaurant across the road.

Because neither of you has had anything to eat just yet today because you've been soaking in your time together, now that you're by her side again after surprising her backstage last night at one of the shows, happily promising that she's got you by her side for the next couple of weeks.

You've just been exploring and adventuring around the city and you've had so much fun together so far.

Yeji grinned at you, nodding at the restaurant.

"Let's go get something to eat."

You could smell the food from where you stood. It was almost making your mouth water. It was going to be delicious and you felt excited to share a meal with her again.

She held your hand as you waited for the signal to be able to walk across the street. Once the light changed, you started to walk across the road, hand in hand as you spoke about other things you wanted to do today.

You turned your head, going wide-eyed as you saw the car coming that seemed to have no plan of stopping despite the color of the light that signaled for it to stop.

You noticed it was coming right for Yeji. You didn't even have to think about what to do in that moment, it was instinctive.

You pushed Yeji out of the way just before the car hit her, making it hit you instead.

The car continued to speed off, not even bothered to check and see if you were okay from the damage that'd been done to you from the force of it.

"Y/N!" Yeji yelled as she crawled to you. People were getting out of their cars and others stopped walking after witnessing the hit and run.

People rushed to you and Yeji, telling her that help was on the way while others asked if they'd caught glimpses of the license plate or saw who was driving, which thankfully a few answered yes to.

But Yeji couldn't even hear them. You were all she could focus on.

"Y/N," she whimpered. "Baby, wake up," she cried as she held your hand tighter than ever before.

You were bleeding and unconscious. Your chest was barely rising and falling as you struggled to breathe. Your heart was barely beating.

"You saved me." Yeji cried. "You can't leave me. Not now, not like this. Wake up. Be okay, please." She sobbed as she dropped her forehead onto your scraped and bloody arm.

She heard the sirens. She heard the medics as they rushed to your side. They had to pull her away, they had to hold her up and guide her to the sidewalk.

Their words were muffled as she watched them assess you. She watched them put the oxygen mask over your nose and mouth as they put you into the back of the ambulance, promising they'd do the best they could to help you.

But that wasn't enough for her and there was no way she was letting them drive you off to the hospital without her by your side.

She got into the back of the ambulance without even letting them say she could. They didn't tell her to get out, deciding that she could be there as they drove off.

"Stay with me, y/n," she whispered. "I love you. You're a tough cookie, so don't stop fighting." She said as she sniffled and held your hand. "I need you. Just hang on."

She closed her eyes and tried to take a deep breath as she tried to keep the hope that you'd get there in time and that you'd be okay.

You weakly squeezed her hand, telling her that you were still hanging on, and a tear slipped down her cheek.

You had to be okay.

Because she needs you.