chapter 43

The Quidditch match is going on but I couldn't really care less about that now. What I care about is that Harry, Fred or George could get hurt, which is the precise reason why I'm not wearing a rain coat. I forgot, but I'm fine. I don't need it.

I'm getting a little worried when a Gryffindor Chaser's broom gets hit with lightning, getting them off course and making them crash into the ground, their broom on fire. Harry began to fly away from the pitch and up, following the golden Snitch.

"Where did he go?" I ask Pansy, but she shrugs her shoulders.

I look back at the pitch to see Fred looking at me. I blush lightly and smile at him, but quickly point behind him.

"BLUDGER!" I yell and he looks at where I'm pointing, quickly smashing the Bludger with his bat, hitting a Hufflepuff.

I sigh in relief, but look up as everyone is gasping and yelling. I see Harry falling from the sky.

"Harry!" I yell.

"Aresto Momentum!" Dumbledore casts as he stands, slowing down Harry's fall.

The teachers all rush to him as I run down to the pitch with them, Dumbledore carrying Harry to the hospital wing. Dumbledore rests him down and I sit on a chair beside him, holding his ice-cold hand.

Ron, Hermione, Fred, George, Neville, Seamus and Angelina come in, Ron holding a blanket, all of them look at Harry, their faces a few inches from his.

"He looks a bit peaky, doesn't he?" Ron asks.

"Peaky?" Fred asks.

"What do you expect? He fell over 100 feet" George says.

"Yeah, come on, Ron. Let's walk you off the Astronomy Tower"

"And see what you look like" Fred says, making me slap his arm and Angelina give me a dirty look.

"Probably a right better sight than he normally does" Harry says, his eyes open like little slits.

He groans lightly and sits up, opening his eyes a little wider as I smile at him, glad that he's okay.

"How're you feeling?" Hermione asks, sitting on the bed.

"Oh, brilliant. Who's holding my hand?" Harry asks.

"I am" I say, but get up, kissing his forehead before sitting back down again, Harry smiling at me.

"You gave us a right good scare there, mate" Fred says, Hermione giving Harry his glasses, him putting them on.

George moves to my left and sits on a chair on Harry's other side.

"What happened?" Harry asks, looking around at all of us.

"Well, you fell off your broom" Ron says.

"Really?" Harry asks sarcastically "I meant the match, who won?"

There is a pause as Hermione gets up, looking around awkwardly.

"Um, no one blames you, Harry. The dementors aren't supposed to be on the grounds. Dumbledore was furious. As soon as he saved you, he sent them straight off"

"There's, uh, something else you should know too. Harry, um... when you fell, your broom sort of blew into the Whomping Willow and... well, it's uh..." Ron pulls back the blanket to show a broom that's broken to bits.

~~~~~

"So it's finally happening. Our first date" I say to Fred excitedly.

"Well, I have to get everything ready first, but yes. We're having our date today. And George is not invited" Fred says, turning to his other half.