Chapter 1

Authors Note: Wait! Before you begin reading you'll notice that this chapter is in third person. *reader gasps and everyone begins to panic, people start to riot, and start pulling out their hair*

Noticed how I said "third person for this chapter", meaning that the whole story isn't in third person. So you may now calm down take a deep breath and continue on with you day. Happy Reading! 😊

___

"Mom! I'm leaving now for my shift" she yelled running to the door grabbing her sweater along with her jean jacket.

"Wait!" The mother yelled dropping the pots in the dishes running to her daughter.

As the daughter put on her sweaters and black vans putting over her messenger bag. Her mother gave her blessing for the day and kissed her goodbye. Out the door to the bus stop Nova Brooks went with her headphones in listening to her favorite tunes.

Just in time the bus was suppose to come, she hopped on and payed sitting in her usual seat she sat everyday after school.

~~~

Arriving at her destination, she hopped off and opened the doors to a cafe.

Dreamer's Cafe.

"Hey Sam" Nova greeted her friend who worked with her.

"What's up girl?" She smiled behide the register.

"Same old same old" Nova answered making her way to the locker room to put away her belonging and put on her apron.

The jobs uniform was simple just an apron and appropriate regular clothes. Nova just wore a black and white baseball shirt and her skinny jeans of course. Her hair was in a messy bun.

Just as she got out and ran into someone.

"Sorry" she exclaimed.
"Watch where you going next time loser" he said.

Nova looked up and was about to scowled at them but then she realized it was her best friend Matt.

"Asshole" she ended up saying giggling and pushed his shoulder. He chuckled.

"So I was wondering can you hang out with Eve this weekend?" He asked following Nova to the register.

"Aye! No one but employees are allowed here" Sam scowled at Matt as he was making his way behide the register. Matt held his hand in surrender and went to take a seat on the stools by the counters.

"What? No! You know I can't stand her" Nova told Matt getting the pot of coffee ready. Along with putting her notepad and a pen in her aprons pocket.

"Oh come on! Please!" He whined.
"Why?"

He stayed quiet for a bit and played with his hands on the counter.

"I've might've made a bet with her doing my chemistry homework a whole month if I got her a friend to hang out with" he said looking all innocent.

"And you picked me out of all people?" she raised an eyebrow.
"Come on, she's actually not that all bad people mention her as"
"Really? She has an obsession with bugs, chews on her hair during class and just stares at people, Nope she doesn't seem weird at all" she said sarcastically.

"Ugh fine. Gosh but you are helping me with my geometry homework tomorrow after school right?"
"Yes I will, now get out of here before my asshole of a boss comes out of nowhere thinking I'm not doing my job" she whispered the part of her boss to Matt.

"Alright see you tomorrow sunshine" he waved heading out the door just as two customers came into the cafe sitting at a table near the window. Nova grabbed her pen and note pad heading to the table where the one boy her age and a men near his twenties sat with him.

"Hi my name is Nova and I'll be your server today can I start you off with a drink?" she smiled politely.

"Yes I'll have a decaff coffee" the man ordered.
"And for you?" she looked over at the boy her age.

He looked over at her locking his brown eyes on her appearance.

"H..hot chocolate please" he choked but manage to get his coolness back.

"Ok I'll be back with your drinks" she smiled then left behide the counter.

"Hot chocolate and a decaff please" Nova leaned on the counter telling Sam.
"He seems pretty cute" Sam smirked while grabbing two coffee cups.
"Who?" Nova said fixing her apron.
"Boy your age" Sam began to pour the hot liquid in the cups. Nova looked over at the boy who was writting down in a journal.

"He's ok" Nova answered honestly.

"Ok? he's a little cutie, we haven't had a cute customer in weeks, he must be visiting"
"Why are we talking about him?" Nova smiled lightly at Sam feeling a bit uncomfortable taking about boys.

"Nova you haven't been on a date nor had a boyfriend in like forever" Sam said adding some milk into the hot chocolate.
"That's because I'm not ready to be in a relationship"

Sam then picked up the two cups and handed them to Nova. Nova grabbed them and made her way toward the tables with the warm drinks.

"Shawn!" The older man yelled out as the boy her age name Shawn walked out of the cafe angry in the cold where it was already raining outside.

Nova stood there unsure what to do now with the drink.

"Um sorry I'll take it to go please" the man said and Nova nodded and fast walked behide the counter to put the hot drinks into plastic coffee cups bringing up to the register.

"That'll be $10.68 Sir"

He payed her with a twenty dollar bill.

"Keep the change" he smiled and took the two cups putting on his hoodie and walked out chasing after Shawn.

"Wonder what that was about?" Sam questioned.
"No idea" Nova answered and began cleaning up some tables.

_____________
A.N.  I honestly couldn't wait I just love how this ideas is pictured in my head I hope you enjoyed it make sure to vote😁

Edited // Published April 4, 2015