• Chapter 29 •

Third Person's POV

Julia woke up screaming. For the first few seconds the only thing she could comprehend was pain. Blinding pain. Then, thankfully, it subsided enough for Julia to actually become aware of her surroundings.

She was laying on an exam table and Abby was standing next to her, holding the dagger that Julia recognized to be the one she was stabbed with.

"Hey, you're okay. You're okay. You're safe." Abby spoke comfortingly and Julia glanced down at her torso to see Abby start to patch her wound up as she spoke.

Putting the dots together, Julia realized the blinding pain that had woken her up had been Abby pulling the dagger out of her.

"Dr. Griffin? W-Where are we? Where's Murphy?" Julia questioned, still a bit disoriented. The last thing she remembered was being in the drop ship, laying in Murphy's arms.

"We're at Camp Jaha, the drop site where our section of the Ark fell. I just cleared Murphy from medical and he is now with Bellamy in a holding cell." Abby explained as she started stitching up the stab wound. Julia couldn't help but have her heart skip a beat when she heard her brother's name.

"Bellamy's alive? Oh, thank God." Julia took a moment to savour the fact that her brother hadn't died before furrowing her eyebrows in confusion. "What did they get locked up for?"

"Well, from what we've heard, Murphy's killed members of the hundred, and Bellamy tried to beat him up." Abby explained to her as she continued patching her wound. "Oh," was all Julia's response to that.

"Neither one of them wanted to leave your side, but they had no choice. I'm sure they'll both be happy to hear that you're going to be okay. You were lucky, the dagger missed everything important. Your wound needs time to heal and it will be painful for a while, but the biggest worry now is your loss of blood. With some rest, you should be back to normal soon." Abby informed the girl as she finished the stitches. Then she bandaged her and put her shirt back down in place.

"Thanks, Dr. Griffin." Julia spoke and the doctor nodded before leaving the room. Julia wanted to stay awake and hopefully find out some more information like whether they had found the rest of the hundred or how Raven was doing, but she just couldn't stay awake, the harm to her body really taking a toll on her energy level. So, Julia ended up falling back asleep.

~~~

This time when she woke up, she felt someone gently shaking her shoulder. Julia groggily woke up to see that it was Finn who had shaken her.

"Finn!" Julia smiled largely at seeing him alive beside her. She was very thankful to know that he was safe and had not in fact been killed.

Seeing Julia so happy to see him made another ping of guilt shoot through Finn, but he tried to push it down as he focused on the girl. "Hey, Jules. How are you doing? How's your wound?"

"Oh, this thing? It's nothing. Doc got me all bandaged up. Practically good as new." Julia told him with a joking smile. Finn knew that it probably wasn't as good as she was trying to make it seem, but he believed that she would tell him if it was actually something to worry about.

"Good. I'm glad," Finn sighed, "because if you're up for it, I'm going to go and try to find Clarke and the others. I'll need all the help I can get."

Julia's smile faltered just a little as she thought about the pain she would have to endure if she was to try and do anything right now except for continuing to lie down and maybe go back to sleep. But Julia was nothing if not stubborn and she refused to let what she would try to convince herself was just a little pain stop her from trying to rescue her friends.