|I{•------» [24] «------•}I|

"Welcome to the stage for the second test, Training Ground 44. Also known as... the Forest of Death!"

Ruka stared wearily at the forest in front of her, well aware of the challenges that awaited them. The Forest of Death was notorious for testing one's survival and combat skills, and it had always been a subject of controversy for using it to assess young Genin aspiring to become Chunin.

Finally understanding why Anko was chosen as the second proctor, Ruka listened as she explained the rules. "The other half will get the Scroll of the Earth. Each team will receive one of these scrolls, and your objective is to fight over them."

Anko grinned mischievously as she pocketed the scrolls, rocking back and forth on her heels. "There's also a time limit. The second test will last for a hundred and twenty hours, exactly five days."

"Five days?!" Ino exclaimed in horror, clutching her ponytail as if the thought of spending five days in the forest would somehow ruin her hair.

"What about dinner?!" Choji panicked, gripping his stomach in pure horror. Anko shrugged nonchalantly, showing no concern for their well-being. "You're on your own. The forest is filled with food, but watch out for man-eating beasts, poisonous insects, and toxic plants."

Ruka observed her fellow Genin, noting their expressions of fainting or wanting to flee. She sighed at Anko's advice. "Wow, Anko. Such profound advice."

Anko teasingly responded, "What? Not deep enough for the likes of you, Princess?" Ruka raised an eyebrow at her before turning away. "Sure, let's go with that."

---

Ruka leaned against a tree, glancing at Neji as she muttered words of encouragement before approaching Team Gai. Lee's face brightened up at her presence, but Ruka's attention was fixed on Neji's lavender eyes. "Hello, Neji," she greeted shyly, pulling her hair behind her ears.

Neji stared at her, leaving Ruka feeling nervous and unsure about his expression. "Hello" he mumbled before walking away with his teammates, leaving Ruka disappointed by his coldness towards her. She turned back to glance at him but was intercepted by Kiba. "Kiba?"

Kiba raised his eyebrows, looking worried as he searched for her. Ruka blinked in confusion, meeting his gaze and seeing the concern in his eyes. "Well, you found me now," she replied with a smile. Kiba's eyes softened as he embraced her, providing comfort. Ruka found herself melting into his embrace. "I hope we don't encounter each other today," he whispered, patting her head before walking away, leaving Ruka bewildered.

---

"Ruka, do you have a plan?" Sasuke asked, sighing as Naruto nearly crashed into him after narrowly dodging Sakura's attack. "You've been in there before, so you're more familiar with the place than us."

Ruka nodded firmly, sharing her plan with her teammates. "Everyone will head straight for the tower, and that's where they'll set traps too."

"Five days will be tough if we don't get any rest, so we should set up camp at a safe distance," she explained, causing Sasuke to glance at her with a smirk. "Let me guess, you already have the perfect spot in mind."

Ruka grinned smugly. "Staying near the river is a good idea for access to food and water. I can even build us a shelter."

Naruto looked at her in awe and hugged her. "Ruka-chan, you're the best!"

Ruka gently patted Naruto's back as he let go. "Now, Sasuke, you just hold onto that scroll."